The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Aye, this situation never arises, so it shouldn't be used to justify it. In fact the movie makes a point of it, in explaining that outside these isolated and extreme circumstances there is very little to argue for/against. However, in theory if this was to arise then this movie explains that moral dilemmas should be set aside. There are no real alternatives when dealing with the character in this movie, who is deluded by their faith and determined to blow people seven ways to sunday. And the movie (albeit at the very end) shows you that even with torture of this kind, they'll still win because their will is stronger than ours.

But for a movie it's enjoyable and worth a watch!

Still sounds bullshit to me knowing the subject - and regardless it has a genuine political weight in raising the point in a movie.

Anywho... over the last couple of days I've had a bit of a movie binge, began with Shutter Island... which could/should have been better but still a decent watch.

Followed it up with 44 Inch Chest, which was alright but again, could have done with a bit more. It has some good moments but very slow.

Today Zombieland finally got a full watch and whilst not thinking it was as good as everyone else seemed to, it's funny and keeps you entertained enough. Possibly the best cameo ever as well.

Need to find something for tonights watch.

i loved the hurt locker but saw it before it got hyped (well empire/total film had given it 5 stars but 9/10 cinemas hadnt touched it) i dont agree with the reviews that label it exciting, just found it very well written and acted with several great scenes

men who stare at goats is almost a comedy, but one of those films that has you smiling throughout occasionaly laughing rather than side splitting, comparable to burn after reading, also good IMO

Asides from Michael Caine, I didn't like a thing about it. **** up morality from start to finish, and of course every 'youth' is a 2D bastard.

Finished off my nights viewing with Jacobs Ladder. First watch for me despite wanting to see it for donkeys, it's class. I kinda knew where it was going, annoyingly, but it's a good watch... I wouldn't call it fun mind. Very, very dark.

But recommended if you've not seen it in the 20 years since it's release ;).

OK, so this might be a big ask but if you can get past the day-glo Miami-Vice style intro credits and the fact that the entire score is written and performed by Wang-Chung, you might find a really good 80's movie in To Live and Die in L.A.

I vaguely remember seeing it at the time but dug it out again this week. It's very dated and it's not quite The French Connection but it's still a hugely watchable film.

51DX6TH9W2L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Asides from Michael Caine, I didn't like a thing about it. **** up morality from start to finish, and of course every 'youth' is a 2D bastard.

Finished off my nights viewing with Jacobs Ladder. First watch for me despite wanting to see it for donkeys, it's class. I kinda knew where it was going, annoyingly, but it's a good watch... I wouldn't call it fun mind. Very, very dark.

But recommended if you've not seen it in the 20 years since it's release ;).

That Plan B irritates the fook out of me.

Love Jacobs Ladder.

Question. I'm trying to dl on kickasstorrents, but all i'm getting is 'can't find torcache.com'. Anyone know a way round this? I normally use KAT with no problem, but no good today.

Anyone know of other sites as good as KAT?

Don't think you'll be allowed an answer there claret75, it's a tad illegal ;). But I'm sure someone will PM.

I really am curious as to how Harry Brown was quite so rated. Michael Caine gave a good performance but the rest of it is... well, it's Daily Mail the movie. All these feral youths a-murderin' and filmin' it on their bleedin' mobile phones, bleedin' animals, what they needs is a .38 to skull, thats what, and you know what? The police should let someone do it. Soon sort the 'kin drug takin' bastad 'oodies out.

I mean the revenge thriller has been about for donkeys and they usually make good throwaway films but generally

SPOILERS

they have some sort of morality to them that almsot always sees the guy seeking vengeance realise that in doing so he became little better than what he fought. In Harry Brown he murders people left right and centre and walks off scot free, and the film at the end actually hints that he was doing was the right thing(!).

/SPOILERS

Don't think you'll be allowed an answer there claret75, it's a tad illegal ;). But I'm sure someone will PM.

I really am curious as to how Harry Brown was quite so rated. Michael Caine gave a good performance but the rest of it is... well, it's Daily Mail the movie. All these feral youths a-murderin' and filmin' it on their bleedin' mobile phones, bleedin' animals, what they needs is a .38 to skull, thats what, and you know what? The police should let someone do it. Soon sort the 'kin drug takin' bastad 'oodies out.

I mean the revenge thriller has been about for donkeys and they usually make good throwaway films but generally

SPOILERS

they have some sort of morality to them that almsot always sees the guy seeking vengeance realise that in doing so he became little better than what he fought. In Harry Brown he murders people left right and centre and walks off scot free, and the film at the end actually hints that he was doing was the right thing(!).

/SPOILERS

Illegal!!! :shock: :winkold:

As for Arry Brairn, a clip round the ear would've sufficed in my day.

Watched The Road last night.

I'm still recovering to be honest....hard film to watch as I have 2 sons.

Good in the sense that it provokes a bit of thought.

read the book - talk about depressing!!!!

Watched The Road last night.

I'm still recovering to be honest....hard film to watch as I have 2 sons.

Good in the sense that it provokes a bit of thought.

read the book - talk about depressing!!!!

I think I'll pass :lol:

Â