The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Watched "Primer" last night.

Bloody good film, but one of the most confusing and complex films I've ever seen.

I'm not ashamed to say I didn't follow it. And the more I think about it, the more confused I get.

Still enjoyed it despite that, but it hurts my brain to try and figure it all out.

I have a friend who said he was more confused the second time he watched it.

Bloody good film, but one of the most confusing and complex films I've ever seen.

I'm not ashamed to say I didn't follow it. And the more I think about it, the more confused I get.

Still enjoyed it despite that, but it hurts my brain to try and figure it all out.

The basics

Screen+shot+2011-05-16+at+2.49.05+AM.png

Then give this a go. Linked, not posted, because the pic is enourmous

The basics I managed with fine. I think if you didn't understand that then you really wouldn't enjoy the film.

But when they started taking boxes into boxes and swapping failsafes, my brain started to melt.

And yeah I've seen that huge picture/timeline. It's mind boggling. So much stuff that I didn't even realise was happening.

I'm tempted to watch it again tonight, just to see if I follow it a bit more. But I can already tell it'll take several viewings before I understand it all.

Yesterday I watched Moneyball & The Hangover Part 2. Hangover wasn't great. There were a few laugh out loud bits and I s'pose they did as good as you can with a sequel of that nature. It was definitely a cash-in though. I enjoyed Moneyball though. Good performances from Pitt, Hill and obviously from Hoffman.

the hangover was a very funny film IMO, number 2 tried too hard and realistically was never going to work relied far too much on alan and was pretty much the same film in a different country, if there isnt a third i can see an alan spin off instead, the anchor bit was hilarious though

not a lot of sci fi cgi popcorn in there, so next up:

Tyranosaur

Peter Mullan and Paddy Considine. A winning (if quite bleak) combination.

I watched Tyrannosaur the other day. I'm not currently at work so thought I'd watch some of the films that the missus said she's not bothered about. I'm so glad I did, it's an absolutely excellent film - one of the best I've seen in a long time. Very bleak, yes, but wonderful at the same time. Fantastic acting performances from all, and Considine deserves all the praise he's received for it.

'Moon' was my choice the day before, which was also brilliant. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Not sure what's going to be next. Possibly 'Looking for Eric'.

Shane Carruth is a ridiculously intelligent guy. They got him on board as an advisor for Looper apparently in order to make the time travel actually make sense (and probably ridiculously complex)

Shane Carruth is a ridiculously intelligent guy.

Doesn't surprise me. Thinking all that up would be one hell of a task!

the heights of the 1st film.

Ah yes, those dizzy heights of having a convicted rapist sing a phil collins song.

for another thread possibly but the rape conviction was a strange one ... maybe it belongs in the conspiracy thread ??

Watched two enjoyable films over the weekend - neither of which tested the grey matter!!!

First one, Safe with Jason Statham - has everything you need for a Stath movie! Lots of punching and shooting!!! Brilliant to disengage the brain to!

Second one, Goon with Sean William Scott - very daft but quite funny in places, regardless of how stupid the lead character is. Liev Schreiber's character steals the show though!

Watched two enjoyable films over the weekend - neither of which tested the grey matter!!!

First one, Safe with Jason Statham - has everything you need for a Stath movie! Lots of punching and shooting!!! Brilliant to disengage the brain to!

Second one, Goon with Sean William Scott - very daft but quite funny in places, regardless of how stupid the lead character is. Liev Schreiber's character steals the show though!

Statham%20Evolution.jpg

just watched cabin in the woods, I quite enjoyed t, it takes the simple classic horror movie formula and pretty much pokes fun at it all the way through

not an amazing film by any stretch but it was pretty watchable, especially trying to pick out the nods to other horror films that were scattered in there throughout

Popped into a Sainsbury's today and they appeared to have given over vast swathes of floor space to flogging off £3 DVD's

picked up:

All Quiet On The Western Front

Le Mans

Raging Bull

Kes

Munich

that should keep me quiet for a while

Â