The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Aka The Wave. Yes, I saw the old one back when I was a teen and I also watched the remake from 2008. Stuff like that is very interesting. Similar theme in Das Experiment.

I saw one version of The wave this week. A 44 minute long dramatisation from 1981 which was ok, but the trailer of Die welle looked a lot better, even though it seems to be further away from the true story. But I'll check it out. Thanks. :)

berberian_sound_studio_500.jpg

Anyone seen?

Weird stuff goes down when a Brit goes to Italy to score a period horror flick (think Argento/Suspiria).

As a big Argento fan it's on my list.

Oh and Toby Jones :notworthy:

the trailer did nothing for me, did see a few i liked the look of though -

cogans trade

argo

beasts of the southern wild

flight

wreck it ralph

the lincoln trailer cant be far off that should be good, really looking forward to lawless next weekend too

@Mike.

TBH it doesn't feel like a prison movie. The entire cast is genuinely brilliant (Sam Rockwell is one of my favourite actors off the back of his performance for example) and as it's not your typical prison (they're all there to die on 'The Green Mile') it's just very entertaining. Once you get around the fact that it is fiction with a bit of the supernatural in it; what with it ultimately being a Stephen King story; then you can sit back and watch a classic.

Pitt is good Wiggy. He tends to be fobbed off as a 'pretty boy'. He can over act at times aswell though. Not quite to Tom Cruise levels but then no-one over acts to Tom Cruise levels.

EDIT : No I haven't seen The Assassination of Jesse James (by the coward Bob Ford). I'll keep an eye out for it. I think Sky have it on every now and again. Now I know Sam is in it, I'll watch it.

It's a Western so for me it's a given that it'll be dull. We've been here before ;) The saving grace is that it's a story based on real people rather than fiction. And I do have a certain fascination with the genuine wild west characters that existed back then (thank you Top Trumps).

Â