The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

never really watch his films but id heard good things...

Seriously? From who???

I purposefully avoid anything with him in for the fact that he's the worst actor I've ever seen!

Edit: Sorry i realised you must have meant you'd heard good things about that film in particular.

i agree, ive always avoided him too...

Crank was ok and thats pretty much it...

but if you just watch it for what it is (a cheesy action film) its actually rather good and a very fast paced 90 minutes...

his american accent is bloody awful though

and speaking of action films...

the missus is having a rough time at work these days so im preparing a meal and then gonna slap on our favourite film Man On Fire....

absolute genius of a movie with a cracking soundtrack...

i imagine "Creasy Bear" has been mentioned plenty of times in this thread!

I actually don't mind Statham. As you said, his American accent is awful! Most of the movies he's in are basically the same, but aside from Crank 2 I don't mind watching them. They're easy, mindless, viewing and I don't mind that.

Gonna go IMAX in Waterloo tomorrow to watch Avengers for a second time. I've never been and I was saving it for Batman but the Avengers has impressed me so much that I want to see it in IMAX. I think the first time I thought yes this film is serious is when (SPOILER)

Loki is in the plane and CA goes 'don't you like lightning?' and Loki says 'I just dont like what usually comes next' and you see the fork of lightning and Thor appear out of noewhere on to the back of the plane...Geeked out so many times in that film. Other moments include Hulk laying out Thor, Hulk destroying Loki, Hulk screaming at Stark to wake up, Hawkeyes no look shot, Galaga!

I think Statham is my most hated actor on the planet. The films he does which are all pretty much the same are just so terrible, I don't know who funds them?

Once you've seen one you've seen them all!

I refuse to watch anything with statham in it unless it is lock stock or snatch...that said, I doubt I would watch lock stock now

wouldnt mind watching snatch again purely cuz I havent seen it in years

watched inglorious basterds the other night on blu ray, forgot how good that film is really enjoyed it

I saw the trailer for that new snow white film on saturday when I went to see the avengers again, snow white and the huntsmen I think its called or sommet like that.

It actually looks pretty good, I mentioned it to my mates when I got back expecting them to rip the piss out of me for saying a snow white film looks decent but they all actually agreed with me

Gonna go IMAX in Waterloo tomorrow to watch Avengers for a second time. I've never been and I was saving it for Batman but the Avengers has impressed me so much that I want to see it in IMAX. I think the first time I thought yes this film is serious is when (SPOILER)

Loki is in the plane and CA goes 'don't you like lightning?' and Loki says 'I just dont like what usually comes next' and you see the fork of lightning and Thor appear out of noewhere on to the back of the plane...Geeked out so many times in that film. Other moments include Hulk laying out Thor, Hulk destroying Loki, Hulk screaming at Stark to wake up, Hawkeyes no look shot, Galaga!

Are you sure its on there? I can't see any showings

Are you sure its on there? I can't see any showings

Its def on at the IMAX in Swiss Cottage. Will look again for Waterloo.

The Raid- 9 out of 10 ....without doubt film of the year and it aint even close. No dumbass CGI, just pure action and tension throughout. Not normally my sort of film, but due to the rave reviews it has got went to see it, unbelivable! SEE THIS FILM!

watched 'Submarine' last night.

A low budget dry humour British coming of age type movie, if I had to give it a really brief description.

I thought it was rather grand. Helped along by the fact that much of it was shot around where I grew up and had lots of lingering shots of deserted fair grounds and scruffy docks.

I thought tit was alright and nothing more to be honest.

I stand by what I have said on the film though in the fact that it's rather pretentious. I just got the feeling that it was trying far too hard to be 'cool'.

Â