The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Inglorious Bastards is one of my favourite ever films. Some of the dialogue is just awesome. Specially in the opening scene with the jews under the floorboard. Thought it was quite exceptional. Also the scene where they're in the bar is amazing too.

The rest is just typical Tarrantino, great dialogue and a whole lot of fun.

I have to say I thought Hanna was terrible. Really didnt see the point. Just felt like a complete nothing film.

senna

im not in to formula 1 at all so i found it hard going at 1st, very good film, i liked how they used voice overs while constantly showing footage, i liked how they didnt show the crash from 100 different angles and how they told the prost story making senna out to be the victim and prost a bit of baddie but at the end at least told the entire story, im not sure if they have chosen particular footage or not but he just looked such as emotional man, the sadness on his face in the days before the crash is horrible, almost like he knows its coming

Just watched Devil, the elevator film. Was expecting shite but was pleasantly surprised. Shows when he isnt being a pretentious **** that Shyamalan can still make a decent movie.

8/10

Given that it's rumoured to have cost $250m, and that the rule of thumb with box office returns is that to make money, you need to take twice your budget, they've got reason to be worried.

1) is that the most expensive film ever made? Wasn't King King the most expensive at $200m? not sure how much Avatar cost...

2) why do you have to make box office of double cost to make money?

so on a $250m cost film, they need to take $500m... where does the other $250m go?

Pirates of the Caribbean 3 is believed to be most expensive movie ever made, at $300m, not inflation adjusted.

The rule of thumb for needing to take double to make money is down to the ongoing cost of a film, marketing it, distributing it, even things as simple as straight up paying for it all add to costs not necessarily associated with the direct budget.

Inglorious Bastards is one of my favourite ever films. Some of the dialogue is just awesome. Specially in the opening scene with the jews under the floorboard. Thought it was quite exceptional. Also the scene where they're in the bar is amazing too.

First time I watched IB, I thought it was ok. Liked it, but didn't think it was that great.

Second time I watched it I couldn't believe that I didn't realise how good it was first time around.

It's a great great film. Don't know what was wrong with me the first time round, but obviously wasn't in the right mood!

First time I watched IB, I thought it was ok. Liked it, but didn't think it was that great.

Second time I watched it I couldn't believe that I didn't realise how good it was first time around.

It's a great great film. Don't know what was wrong with me the first time round, but obviously wasn't in the right mood!

*makes mental note to watch it again*

I do remember Brad Pitt being absolutely brilliant in it. Quite a strange film, though.

*makes mental note to watch it again*

Me too, didn't care for it much 1st time.

Too much dialogue and not enough of the actual bastards themselves.

It's a long film though, so it will probably be a while before I sit through it again.

mite actually stick IB on tomorrow, ive been meaning to stick it on again for ages but havent got round to it

now its been bought up on here I will definately stick it on in the next few days

Likewise.

Just to reiterate all of the above, watching it the first time I thought it was OK. But about 2 years down the line thinking and talking about it now I didn't realise how much I must have enjoyed it at the time. It's stuck with me like few films have over that sort of time frame. Will be watching it again soon.

Just back from John Carter, much more watchable than I was expecting. Also more humour in it than I thought there would be.

Although the 3D was again barely noticable.

I believe it's retrofitted.

$250m film. Retrofitted 3D.

Think about that.

I wish 3D would just **** off and die.

I thought it was great when I first watched it, the one thing that annoyed at the time was the ammount of subtitles I wasnt realy in the mood for a subtitled film but I still thought it was great regardless

just never got around to watching it again even though I own it

Watched it tonight. Very good film, Christoph Waltz well deserving of his various awards for that role.

Would have liked to have seen more of the bastards. The opening scene is one of the best in my film watching experience. Like the bar scene as well.

I wish 3D would just **** off and die.

:thumb:

I also echo everything about Inglourious Basterds, superb film. I don't quite know what it is but I really, really like it.

Waltz's performance is fantastic, one of the most memorable movie characters in the last decade IMO. That strudel scene is my favorite part.

Â