The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

21 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I thought it was ok but annoyed me a bit as came at a time when Netflix were making a lot of Pro Israeli movies, not that I care for the politics but just for the story purposes

Yeah I can see how it looks like Israeli propaganda. I tend to put that aside and just take it as a film, then follow up with some reading on what actually happened. Usually the reality is a fair bit removed from the fiction.

• Like 1

Creation Stories was pretty good. Not amazing and I felt it was a bit of an opportunity lost, but a decent effort. Ewen Bremner was good, as Alan McGee and the soundtrack was quality. 

Had to watch Trainspotting again, based on my memory being rekindled on the previous page. 

Fantastic. Begbie still as frightening as ever. 

Hs view on Spud's custodial sentence

Spoiler

It was **** obvious that word removed was gonna **** some word removed. 

:D 

Finally got to see coming to america 2 have to say it was utter garbage and dreadful sequel.

Tarnished the name of the 1st one. I didnt think it would match the original but it was really bad. I didnt find any parts amusing at all

• Like 3

On 12/04/2021 at 17:19, Xela said:

Had to watch Trainspotting again, based on my memory being rekindled on the previous page. 

Fantastic. Begbie still as frightening as ever. 

Hs view on Spud's custodial sentence

Hide contents

It was **** obvious that word removed was gonna **** some word removed. 

:D 

It's interesting that Kelly MacDonald's career has been much more successful than it might seem. Both her and Ewan McGregor went onto a great career after Trainspotting. It took me a minute to realise it was her in Line Of Duty.

16 minutes ago, darrenm said:

It's interesting that Kelly MacDonald's career has been much more successful than it might seem. Both her and Ewan McGregor went onto a great career after Trainspotting. It took me a minute to realise it was her in Line Of Duty.

Yeah she's an extremely talented actor - you don't hold your own (Kengif) with the likes of Steve Buscemi unless you have something about you.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Yeah she's an extremely talented actor - you don't hold your own (Kengif) with the likes of Steve Buscemi unless you have something about you.

Just while I'm on the subject, I'll be looking at how Operation Mincemeat is received. I was fascinated by that story so it could be a great film.

• Like 1

Black 47 was an interesting movie with Hugo Weaving, didnt think they could make an entertaining action film regarding the Irish Famine but they did it though the background scenes were dark. Bit of a cheaper Braveheart

36 minutes ago, Zatman said:

an impressive 2.9 on IMDB, not sure I have ever seen a film rated so low with an actor that I have heard of starring in it :D  

Frank grillo and Tony jaa aren't exactly small stars either. 

I actually kinda liked it in a what the hell am I watching kind of way. Although a large part of that might be because Marie Avgeropogous or however you spell her name is in it. 

Edited by Rds1983

9 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Frank grillo and Tony jaa aren't exactly small stars either. 

I actually kinda liked it in a what the hell am I watching kind of way. Although a large part of that might be because Marie Avgeropogous or however you spell her name is in it. 

I do like this from IMDB :D According to Nicolas Cage Willie Nelson and Vin Diesel inspires his character   

• Like 1

Watched 2 today

Nobody - good little action film, nothing too fancy but decent enough (done before) story and good action scenes 

The father - absolutely brilliant, it's heartbreaking, really well put together, doesn't rely on anything flash or any plot twists and turns and is centred around Hopkins who is incredible, one of the best performances I've seen in years, says a thousand words in complete silence, said a few weeks back Daniel Kaluuya should be disappointed he's not up for best actor this year... Forget that, take the supporting statue and be happy, Hopkins chucking out a career performance at 83

• Like 1

Just seen a trailer for Army of the Dead. I don't get why zombies can't just be zombies anymore? It was one thing when they started to run, but now they're all organised, intelligent and able to dodge attacks. 

• Like 1

On 01/01/2021 at 22:41, theboyangel said:

Finally watched Parasite, having managed to avoid knowing pretty much anything about the plot. 

What a film!!!! Best I've seen in a long time. 

Even the other half who wasn't keen on watching it was mightily impressed. 

I imagine there'll be a US reworking of it, which won't live up to the original but will perform well at the box office. 

I finally watched this last week, what a brilliant film. So good, I wish I could wipe my memory of it and watch it again. 

• Like 1

Â