The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Three one thing that stood out, in a bad way, from the Mortal Kombat trailer, to me, also got picked up by a few YouTubers and Fight Game Community people.

The delivery of 'GET OVER HERE'. That line is always, always, always delivered by Ed Boon. Regardless of who else is is playing Scorpion, regardless of whoever else is doing the dialogue for the character, Boon does that line. They need to dub that line with the true delivery.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Watching Beasts of no Nation on Netflix, about an hour in but paused it for dinner. It’s pretty grim at this point but very good so far. 

Might want to check out Johnny Mad Dog if you want something similar.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Edgar Wright to direct a remake of “The Running Man”.

No no no no no 

Michael Scott No GIF

just leave it alone and think up something original FFS! 😣

(however if Simon Pegg had a cameo in which he was brutally slaughtered, I could go with it!) 

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

No no no no no 

Michael Scott No GIF

just leave it alone and think up something original FFS! 😣

(however if Simon Pegg had a cameo in which he was brutally slaughtered, I could go with it!) 

Not sure how they’re gonna go with it. I don’t know what the book is like, I understand that the arnie film is not really anything like the book.

I love the original film, I do wonder whether more could have been done with satirising the tv show aspect of it, going into the audience’s thirst for blood, more stuff like “the running man board game” and so forth.

However they do it, I’m convinced the most difficult aspect of the new film will be finding a replacement for Richard Dawson.

• Like 1

On 12/02/2021 at 14:09, sne said:

Another Nic Cage instant classic?

He says nothing all the way through, he doesn’t have to. Without giving away too much of the plot I think the girl is probably under age Great film 8.9/10

• Like 1

Just now, Follyfoot said:

He says nothing all the way through, he doesn’t have to. Without giving away too much of the plot I think the girl is probably under age Great film 8.9/10

Actually watching it right at this very moment :D 

The words "flawless masterpiece" gets thrown around a lot but this time it's fully deserved.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, sne said:

Actually watching it right at this very moment :D 

The words "flawless masterpiece" gets thrown around a lot but this time it's fully deserved.

Brilliant just finished it 10 minutes ago👍😎

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

Most of these Nic Cage films are filmed at Boyana studios in Sofia. Sofia is a small city. There are some "interesting" stories I could tell.

Please do! :D 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Davkaus said:

The MK trailer is pretty good, I think I'll give it a go, it's just not the same without Johnny Cage though.

MK has the problem that half of its cast is realistic and the other half is balls to the wall daft, with scorpion and sub zero on the daft half probably being the most interesting characters too

Leaves them on a sticky wicket as to where to pitch it 

It looks to me like they've gone down the realistic serious route and it won't mix well, they'll try and put goro in the same world as sonya and it won't work 

3 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

To answer some concerns people may have about this, if they make a film of the novel, it'd be considerably different to the Arnie film. 

The novel is kinda grim, and gritty. There are aspects of that in the original film sure, but what I like about the film is all the OTT 80s stuff which isn't in the book. 

• Like 4

On 20/02/2021 at 13:57, Designer1 said:

Watched this last night. Very enjoyable stuff with a cracking couple of performances from Rosamund Pike and (the always superb) Diane Wiest.

spacer.png

I hated everyone in it. Bloody good movie.

Spoiler

I almost cheered at the end when she got it

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

On 20/02/2021 at 15:53, Mark Albrighton said:

Ah, one for the Piss You Off thread: never seen the original, but decided I'd read the book. Bought a copy, and like an idiot read the Stephen King introduction. Which contains a MASSIVE spoiler, describing exactly what happens at the end. Why do they do that? It went straight to a charity shop. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Â