The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

5 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Got 15 minutes into Jumanji 2 before folding. I have very poor taste in film but this was too bad even for me. 

Gets a decent rotten tomatoes score and also good audience score.  It's clearly a kids film though, so not sure what you were expecting....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

watched the departed again over the weekend, still brilliant, still don't think its as good as the original, I love Wahlberg's character

also rewatched the town, great film, its all been done before and its not a crazy original story yet Affleck still managed to make it rise above the noise

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Jon said:

Gets a decent rotten tomatoes score and also good audience score.  It's clearly a kids film though, so not sure what you were expecting....

Trust me I have no issue with its target audience. I rank Spy Kids as one of the greatest series of films. It stunk as badly as tbe original Jumanji which is a pretty low bar. I liked the reboot but this sequal was not for me. 

14 minutes ago, Jon said:

Thought Danny DeVito was hilarious and loved Kevin Harts shot at Danny Glovers voice, funny.

Its not great but is entertaining enough but can see it wouldn't appeal to some.

16 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

I really liked the original Jumanji growing up. Only now do I realise a lot of people don't seem to like it! 

My wife and kid loved it. Absolutely hated it. Robin Williams is a talentless hack too. :trollface:

20 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

I really liked the original Jumanji growing up. Only now do I realise a lot of people don't seem to like it! 

Yeah the original jumanji film was top. 

The Last Black Man in San Francisco was not bad at all.

It's in not quite there but almost bracket. It was almost fantastic but maybe lacked "something".

Very solid 7.5/10, well worth the watch if you enjoy slow-ish drama without big thrills.

The Last Black Man in San Francisco Poster

4 hours ago, Wezbid said:

Binne Dunne, but, Zathora was legitimately better

• Like 1

For those that already have and those that have not seen it.

The Damned United is being shown on BBC 1 tomorrow night, Sat18th, at 11.45pm. (It was already scheduled before the announcement of Norman Hunters death, but very timely given the circumstances)

A great portrayal of Brian Clough and Peter Taylor of there 44 days at Leeds United.

If you've seen it, a chance to watch it again.

If you've not seen it before you are in for a treat.

https://www.radiotimes.com/film/fp95sy/the-damned-united/

• Like 4

1 minute ago, villakram said:

Murder on the Orient Express (2019): A solid watch, nothing too new or amazing, but a great tale told reasonably well.

I thought the same. Death on the Nile is due out late this year again with Branagh. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

I thought the same. Death on the Nile is due out late this year again with Branagh. 

Good stuff, we were chatting after watching and saying how we could defo watch a few more of these!

I was disappointed with Orient Express when I saw it at the cinema. Not terrible, but just meh.

I'm wondering whether it'd be worth watching The Damned United with my wife - we've just watched 'Quiz' on ITV and she was saying about how good Michael Sheen was. She's not into football at all but it's a good film anyway (from what I remember after seeing it a few years ago). Probably won't bother though!

Â