The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Yeah, I like the trailer, and I did really like the first movie too. 

Mrs Kersh is probably one of my favourite 'adult' chapters in the book, so I was thrilled with the way they've done it. Curious about how they will avoid the obvious similarities to Eraserhead in the Chinese reunion scene, and of course the finale should be altered. Very much looking forward to it. 

46 minutes ago, hogso said:

Yeah, I like the trailer, and I did really like the first movie too. 

Mrs Kersh is probably one of my favourite 'adult' chapters in the book, so I was thrilled with the way they've done it. Curious about how they will avoid the obvious similarities to Eraserhead in the Chinese reunion scene, and of course the finale should be altered. Very much looking forward to it. 

That looks brilliant.

wasnt expecting much from the first movie as heard too many negative things but I loved it (even my wife thought it was great and she’s no ‘horror’ fan!)

excited by the sequel and think they’ve got the adult versions spot on with their younger counterparts. 

• Like 1

On 05/05/2019 at 19:03, wazzap24 said:

I totally agree! 

I nearly mentioned it my initial post about the film - it’s just a weirdly shite thing to call it and as you say, it’s way too long. I can’t believe somebody with a bit of sense didn’t intervene on it before release. 

I think that at this stage the unofficial title is "The Zac Efrom Ted Bundy Movie", because that is what everyone I know calls it

• Haha 1

Another horror film about foreigners going to Sweden :D 

By they guy who made Hereditary so might be good.

Bit funny to watch as a Swede thou, Midsummer is mostly about trying to avoid the rain and cold, and getting shitfaced. 

Pagan ritual stuff is mostly held to a bare minimum.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

My understanding is that there may be a few ladies in the nip in it too, so :thumb:

Well it's not a Swedish Midsummer unless you wake up naked under a shrubbery somewhere covered in ticks 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, sne said:

Another horror film about foreigners going to Sweden :D 

By they guy who made Hereditary so might be good.

Bit funny to watch as a Swede thou, Midsummer is mostly about trying to avoid the rain and cold, and getting shitfaced. 

Pagan ritual stuff is mostly held to a bare minimum.

So that's what The Polyphonic Spree are up to these days

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Pattinson cast as the new Batman

Robert Pattinson has been cast as Bruce Wayne in Matt Reeves' The Batman. Though Reeves is still working on the script for the film, Pattinson has already been brought aboard to play the titular Dark Knight.

Great choice imo. He's an incredibly talented actor (when he's not 'sparkling') and I think he'll do the whole 'dark and brooding' thing very well indeed.

On 06/01/2019 at 18:08, Rodders said:

image.png.0ee95444d2932f6e50e19a185f1b0f73.png

Watched this today. Thought it was good, Carell is super in the lead role. It might be I'm a sucker for sentimental movies, as I also enjoyed The Leisure Seeker last year, and both that and this one it seems have been panned by the critics. This one, is a fictionalised take on a true story, about a guy who recovered from a vicious assault, here he uses dolls as a way of working through his trauma. I found his performance compelling and really moving. The metaphors are very much on the nose I suppose, but what can I say, it worked for me.

Finally got around to watching this last night. I spent the first 20 minutes thinking I'd seen the movie before, which couldn't have been the case. Then I remembered the documentary I'd seen years ago. It is obviously the source material for the Carell film but it is vastly superior. I'm going to watch it again tonight.

joEjsY2.jpg

5 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Pattinson cast as the new Batman

Great choice imo. He's an incredibly talented actor (when he's not 'sparkling') and I think he'll do the whole 'dark and brooding' thing very well indeed.

Initial reaction was No, but thinking about it he could be a good young Batman and I could definitely see him as a good Bruce Wayne. Affleck had the same gut reaction, but turned out to be one of the best parts of DC's misfire, and was let down by scripts and director(s) more than failing in his own right.

I dunno why but I see Pattinson doing quite well in a Capullo era style Batsuit, and with the associated Snyder (not that one) world.

From a quick look on some of the FB movie pages I follow, I think the main problem he'll have is certain people not being able to see past his Twilight movies which is incredibly unfair as he's done some really solid work since around 2012 (Cosmopolis, The Rover, Maps to the Stars and Life to name but a few), and has grown into a very watchable and versatile actor.

If he's given a decent script, I think he'll absolutely smash it.

Pretty cool that they made a movie from that old Harry Martinson poems Aniara from 1956. Not many Swedish sci-fi stories from back then :D 

Looks not to shabby actually.

Â