The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Mortal Engines sadly is getting pretty lukewarm/poor reviews.

A good looking, shallow action spectacle with cool effects, but not much more.

Was kinda looking forward to this one and might still go see it a the cinema.

Edited by sne

5 hours ago, sne said:

Mortal Engines sadly is getting pretty lukewarm/poor reviews.

A good looking, shallow action spectacle with cool effects, but not much more.

Was kinda looking forward to this one and might still go see it a the cinema.

I saw the trailer for that film a good year ago I would say. I'm guessing they held onto the film to make changes or something because the trailers out now look exactly the same.

On 22/11/2018 at 13:47, HanoiVillan said:

There hasn't been a Spiderman film released for at least a fortnight, so we're well overdue at this point. 

Hilariously, I’ve just noticed that there actually is a new one just being released :D

(ok this one looks a bit different, but still)

Enjoyed the Venom movie, better than I thought it would be. Watched Predator with the wife tonight. It's OK, comedy, action etc. Not as good as Arnies Predator I thought but worth a watch if you're stuck for something to do for 90 or so minutes. I watched a movie last night called Mother! a proper "what the actual **** have I just watched" movie. Gets pretty insane as the movie goes on. 

12 hours ago, Chindie said:

The Wailing.

Absolutely superb.

One of my favourites when I first saw it a couple of years ago. Fantastic stuff.

Noticed it's on Netflix so I might give it another watch.

Watched The Festival last night and I actually quite enjoyed it. Its a piece of fluff in the main but its got a good heart in there and rattles along with a few laughs and some funny cameos (Nick Frost playing a dodgy tattooist and Noel Fielding playing a superstar DJ being the main ones)

Having half the team from the Inbetweeners shows as it plays out very much the same, Joe Thomas is essentially playing Simon again as he does in most things but I enjoyed it more than I should have. 6.5/10

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AVFCDAN said:

Watched The Festival last night and I actually quite enjoyed it. Its a piece of fluff in the main but its got a good heart in there and rattles along with a few laughs and some funny cameos (Nick Frost playing a dodgy tattooist and Noel Fielding playing a superstar DJ being the main ones)

Having half the team from the Inbetweeners shows as it plays out very much the same, Joe Thomas is essentially playing Simon again as he does in most things but I enjoyed it more than I should have. 6.5/10

Yeah I saw that when it was at the cinema.

It's no classic, but it's good fun. Very funny in places.

20 hours ago, Chindie said:

Kinda looking forward to this one and it looks OK.

Godzilla's head looks a bit naff and I'm not comfortable with them assuming Godzilla's gender :D 

And poor Eleven is just having a terrible year isn't she.

Leave No Trace.

Leave No Trace

Really good! Debra Granik manages to create drama like few others.

Seen it described as harrowing and I guess that's as good word as any.

while being nothing alike at all really it did remind me a bit of Beasts of the Southern Wild that I also really liked.

8/10 WB

• Like 2

Watched 2 fundamentally different Vampire movies today.

One a horror flick, the other a drama

30 Days of Night, because Sweden this time of year. (Seen it couple times before and while not fantastic it has something that I quite like).

And Byzantium which I hadn't seen before but also liked. 

Both about as far away from Twilight as possibly be.

Edited by sne

Coco - was really enjoyable much better than I thought it would be. Started off slow but picked up. Seemed a bit dark for kids at times. 

Justice League - terrible film. Affleck and Cavill were so wooden. Gadot looked good and will probably watch wonder woman because of that. Flash was the best character and even his slo mo’s weren’t as good as quicksilver in the x men films

• Like 1

Â