The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Had a 90's throwback over the weekend with Men in Black and The Matrix. Bad idea on both counts, both have lost a bit of lustre in my mind relative to first viewings. MiB was quite dull :/ 

However saw Philomena last night and that was good, very moving and rage inducing. Honestly, **** the catholic church. My opinion towards that organisation was already quite hostile but that's just another reason why. Coogan and Dench work wonderfully well 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Xela said:

A lot better than expected. Hill is very good

War_Dogs_2016_poster.jpg

I agree, It dropped off a little towards the end imo, but it's proper funny in parts. 

Listened to a review of transformers the last knight, started with I hate these films but always understood why they were popular, this one is so bad I can't anymore

main thing was the surprise that it's boring and there are large parts of the film without transformers on screen

and hot rod starts the film as a Citroen DS before upgrading to a Lamborghini, speaks in a thick French accent apparently...**** you michael bay 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Listened to a review of transformers the last knight, started with I hate these films but always understood why they were popular, this one is so bad I can't anymore

main thing was the surprise that it's boring and there are large parts of the film without transformers on screen

and hot rod starts the film as a Citroen DS before upgrading to a Lamborghini, speaks in a thick French accent apparently...**** you michael bay 

Michael Bay is an auteur!

12 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Watching Jurassic World on Netflix... it's absolutely awful

Yep pretty much.  Given what it could have been, it's a disaster.  I mean seriously, are real f**king dinosaurs not exciting enough?  And trained raptors?!?1???!?eleven???!

Still genuinely like Jurassic World.

It's another Jurassic Park film, but with a slightly cynical bite to it. They even make fun of the idea of the GM dinosaur in various ways.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, coda said:

Michael Bay is an auteur!

Definitely and I'm no expert on it but I've never been convinced that he fully "gets" transformers, certainly not the transformers of my yoof, from the first time you see the autobots replicating the form of the first vehicle they see when they come to earth he was fighting an uphill battle that he's never won for me

add to that the big pretty explosions just don't do it anymore, they're out dated and making the scale bigger doesn't actually improve anything

• Like 1

Top tip: Save money on the latest Transformers movie by simply having a friend throw fireworks into your face while whooping. 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 4

I made the mistake of watching a film starring Steve Austin last night. Some straight to DVD affair. 

I think he is possibly the most wooden 'actor' I have ever watched. 

23 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Watching Jurassic World on Netflix... it's absolutely awful

10 hours ago, BOF said:

Yep pretty much.  Given what it could have been, it's a disaster.  I mean seriously, are real f**king dinosaurs not exciting enough?  And trained raptors?!?1???!?eleven???!

Yep. It's rubbish. 

The amount of praise it got annoyed me. It's not even a film about dinosaurs FFS!

There's also a number of scenes and plot lines that add literally nothing to the movie. 

Shite.

• Like 1

Â