The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

20 minutes ago, BOF said:

IMO he really is. I've nothing against the guy and the films he's in are often good despite him not because of him. But watching him act can be painful. He's a terrible actor :)

People are mistaking his performances with the quality of the films he's in. He's like the anti-Denzel, where Washington is often the best thing in a very mediocre overall film.

Have you seen The Replacements ? He smiles in that. 

IMO he really is. I've nothing against the guy and the films he's in are often good despite him not because of him. But watching him act can be painful. He's a terrible actor [emoji4]

People are mistaking his performances with the quality of the films he's in.

See also: Clive Owen

Really don't like him either. He gives me the creeps.

1 minute ago, BOF said:

I haven't seen that. The smile could be just wind though.

It's a comedy about an NFL team's players  going on strike so a load of rag tag FA's are brought in to play the rest of the season. I think you will enjoy it . 

36 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

The only film I walked out on was "The Box" I think it was called with Cameron Diaz. What a load of toss that was. 

Is that the one where a wooden box turns up on the doorstep?? If it is yeah that was cack.

I walked out during Blair Witch Project, the biggest bag of crap I have ever seen. I may as well have got a couple of mates and gone to Sutton Park with a camcorder and made my own film. It was **** awful.

1 minute ago, Brumerican said:

I smile just thinking about Napoleon Dynamite . No other film like it IMO .

Yeah it's a different kind of humour.  Hard to put your finger on it.  I wouldn't say they're the same as it, but I imagine if you like Napolean Dynamite you'd probably enjoy Office Space and Idiocracy.

Â