The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Anyway, the latest is How I Live Now. Anyone seen it and is it worth me bothering to watch? Reviews on the web seem to indicate they've given me a perfectly beige film. Will probably just send it back unless anyone is particularly enthusiastic about it.

Its ok-ish.  passes the time if you're bored.  yes, its beige at best.

I saw Dracula tonight.

I can honestly say I d shit out a better film. Just so many plot holes and stupid things.

Did you notice the biggest plot hole?

How can his centre parting be so neat when he has no reflection in a mirror?

The fact that moon light is actually sun light kicks a lot of these into touch also.

Confirmed Dad's Army cast...!

_78085611_mainwearing_cut.jpg

Captain Mainwaring / Toby Jones

_78085617_wilson_cut.jpg

Sergeant Wilson / Bill Nighy

_78085610_jones_cut.jpg

Private Jones / Sir Tom Courtenay

_78085615_walker_cut.jpg

Private Walker / Danny Mays

_78085613_pike_cut.jpg

Private Pike / Blake Harrison

_78084146_godfrey_cut.jpg

Private Godfrey / Michael Gambon

_78084144_frazer_cut.jpg

Private Frazer / Bill Paterson

It will also star Catherine Zeta Jones, Mark Gatiss, and Sarah Lancashire.

saws

Edited by hogso
  • Like 1

Confirmed Dad's Army cast...!

_78085611_mainwearing_cut.jpg

Captain Mainwaring / Toby Jones

_78085617_wilson_cut.jpg

Sergeant Wilson / Bill Nighy

_78085610_jones_cut.jpg

Private Jones / Sir Tom Courtenay

_78085615_walker_cut.jpg

Private Walker / Danny Mays

_78085613_pike_cut.jpg

Private Pike / Blake Harrison

_78084146_godfrey_cut.jpg

Private Godfrey / Michael Gambon

_78084144_frazer_cut.jpg

Private Frazer / Bill Paterson

It will also star Catherine Zeta Jones, Mark Gatiss, and Sarah Lancashire.

saws

Seems a strange film to do. Gambons casting is also strange as Godfrey was always a weak character.

The Dad's Army cast is **** brilliant.

Yeah but...

"The film will be directed by Oliver Parker, who made Johnny English Reborn, St Trinian's and Othello starring Sir Kenneth Branagh.

The script will be written by Hamish McColl, who wrote Johnny English Reborn and Mr Bean's Holiday."

From the BBC article. Shame.

It was popular in the era it was in but like Steptoe and son and others of that era will it really work now! The cast looks good. Tom Courtenay as Jones stands out to me. Not sure about Toby Jones as Captain Manering. Don't anything about Blake Harrison but Ian Lavender is a hard act to follow. To be honest its doomed for failure! You can never recreate a classic comedy even as a film

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1

Went to see Gone Girl yesterday, awesome, just awesome!!

I've got no clue what it's about, I did a Mooney search and now I must watch it just because of Emily Ratajkowski..

Leonardo-Dicaprio-Oh-My-God-Fist-Bite-Th

Wanted to see it anyway, but didn't even realise she was in it.

She's basically perfect.

• Like 1

I just don't understand why there's a Dad's Army being filmed. Given it's a new cast it's surely not the same thing at all? Bizarre. It's not like oh here's the latest version of Othello. It's just an old classic sitcom. It'd be like having a film of Red Dwarf with a new cast. Just odd.

Anyway, watched Behind the Candelabra , but was a bit disappointed. Was a decent biopic and Douglas and Dammon are excellent, but seemed quite formulaic and superficial and avoided any deep examination of him at all, unless the point is there's nothing deep to him at all. Still, the lead performances are excellent, though scott bakula and dan akroyd really could have been used more I think.

• Like 1

Yeah but...

"The film will be directed by Oliver Parker, who made Johnny English Reborn, St Trinian's and Othello starring Sir Kenneth Branagh.

The script will be written by Hamish McColl, who wrote Johnny English Reborn and Mr Bean's Holiday."

Oh I don't think for one second it will be anything special, and i'm not a big fan of the original series (it's certainly no Porridge or Fawlty Towers) But that cast is fantastic, and personally I could watch Toby Jones read a phone directory as I find him just superb.

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 1

I have an intense dislike of Bill Nighy. The rest of the cast looks alright. I went to see the stage show a few years ago with Leslie Grantham in it as Private Walker but they were just acting out old episodes. I also saw Porridge with Barry from Eastenders as Fletcher which was much better. I'll be pleasantly surprised if the Dad's Army film isn't shit.

Yeah but...

Well ... feck. Saw the cast and got excited before I read this post.

Â