The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

12 angry men - 9 out of 10. some of the best dialogue in a movie I have ever seen. Must watch movie even if it's really old.

Fistful of dollars - 7 out of 10. It's good don't get me wrong but not a patch on other Leone films

Edited by donnie

12 angry men - 9 out of 10. some of the best dialogue in a movie I have ever seen. Must watch movie even if it's really old.

My love for that movie knows no bounds.

• Like 2

Please leave the thread alone. I like to read peoples opinions on ALL movies, even if they are genres that i'm not that bothered about.

I know you secretly share my love for B movies shown on the sci fi channel at 3am in the morning

• Like 1

Why won't you be watching Argo, if I may ask? You're missing out.

I'm allergic to the re-writing of history through film (in particular America re-writing history) and I refuse to give it the time of day.
  • Like 2

Ah, fair enough. I don't know anything about the true events. They certainly portrayed it as if it was what really happened since it was supposed to be covered up for years until the Clinton administration declassified it. I'm ignorant to much more than that though, I'll admit.

Absolutely. And I stumbled across it by accident when I saw it first. It's in my (and many other people's) top 5 all-time and if anyone hasn't seen it then they really need to.

Ah, fair enough. I don't know anything about the true events. They certainly portrayed it as if it was what really happened since it was supposed to be covered up for years until the Clinton administration declassified it. I'm ignorant to much more than that though, I'll admit.

The best historical re-writes, as with the best lies, often contain plenty of truth making it hard to distinguish fact from fiction.

It's a film thread. The variety of films and opinions is why we enjoy talking about them.

I would agree. But it's now dominated by comic book film chat.

I just think maybe a comic book film thread would be of use as there are loads of people who've no interest in them at all.

Or just keep this as all movie chit chat and have a separate thread for movie recommendations / reviews? I read all posts about I've seen X and thought X y & z about it.

I like reading reviews and opinions about movies. But the thread is so popular it's hard to get to read them.

Among the 3 best movies ever made. It is perfect.

Please leave the thread alone. I like to read peoples opinions on ALL movies, even if they are genres that i'm not that bothered about.

But then have a movie reviews thread. Then a movie chit chat thread. The chit chat can take up pages. While reviews you get lots of info on a page or two.

But then have a movie reviews thread. Then a movie chit chat thread. The chit chat can take up pages. While reviews you get lots of info on a page or two.

I dont see the big deal, people like lots of different films. For everyone who likes the self indulgent well made guff like Malick, they're will be someone else who enjoys over shot, glossy Bay stuff.

BOF : Edited

Is this the most momentous movie melee? (Fight starts 3:47 at if you don't want to hear people speculating)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aF2J_7clCo8

Edited by 8pints

It's hardly being dominated with comic book movie chat, it just so happened that today Ben Affleck was announced as Batman in a Superman/Batman tie-in movie in 2015 and lots of people like to talk about it. If you don't, then contribute my talking about one of the films you saw recently and wait and see if people will reply, ignoring the comicbook posts. How hard is it to skim past a few posts, really?

It's a film thread. The variety of films and opinions is why we enjoy talking about them.

I would agree. But it's now dominated by comic book film chat.

I just think maybe a comic book film thread would be of use as there are loads of people who've no interest in them at all.

Or just keep this as all movie chit chat and have a separate thread for movie recommendations / reviews? I read all posts about I've seen X and thought X y & z about it.

I like reading reviews and opinions about movies. But the thread is so popular it's hard to get to read them.

You're the one that's bringing up 'comic book film chat' at the moment, when others are posting about a range of films.  You don't want to read posts that are about movies you don't like, yet seem happy to post repeatedly about the thread itself and how it's not how you'd like it to be, when others have made sensible suggestions regarding how to remedy this.

If you're specifically looking for movie reviews, maybe this forum isn't the best place to look?

And if you like opinions, then you have to accept that many people like things that you don't.  Comic book movies, for example, which have been extremely popular recently (hence the discussion about Affleck).  I'm not really a fan, other than Nolan's Batman trilogy, but I accept that they're popular and people want to talk about them.  I expect to see people talking about them in the Film Thread.

At the end of the day, you've described it as "hard" to read "reviews and opinions about movies" in this thread, because it is "popular".  It's actually full of reviews and opinions.  In fact, it's all reviews and opinions.  However, what you mean is, there's a lot of opinion about stuff you're not interested in.  So, how long does it take for you to realise a post isn't about your preferred type of film?  Do you a significant amount of time slowly reading each post, before suddenly realising it's about another comic book film, and grimacing in pain at yet another wasted hour?

Oh, and by the way:

tumblr_mo4h2159vD1r8xzlgo1_500.gif

• Like 1

Anyway, back to films.  Has anyone seen Warm Bodies?  I assumed it was just some horrible modern rom-com rubbish when it came out, but I was looking at recent DVD releases to watch and it seems to have pretty good reviews.  Is it worth a viewing?

Â