The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Having read 100% rave reviews and decided to check it out myself this film is the best film so far of 2010. I got all choked up near the end...

toystory3.jpg

A dirty cam job?

Shocking for animated films surely.

Has anyone seen The Road?

I watched this the other day. It's not a patch on the book. Again, it suffers from the age old problem of trying to fit a seven hour story into a two hour movie. It's a decent film, but if you have the choice between the the film and the book, go with the book.

I watched The Damned United the other day. I didn't like it one bit. It pissed me off, the picture if painted of Clough was a horrible one and it was full of inaccuracies. No wonder Clough's family hated it.

I concur, it was like a tv movie.

Bad wigs and the guy playing Johnny Giles was totally miscast.

Got reminded of one of those films that everyone has, the one that isn't really that good but you enjoy all the same, tonight.

Meet Joe Black.

It's soppy, it's arguably in some cases (Brad Pitt in particular) a bit poorly acted, it's far too long, and frankly if the concept doesn't grab you it's going to be a long haul... but I've always enjoyed it. Athony Hopkins is great, the concept is right up my street.

Plots pretty simple - Anthony Hopkins is the owner and founder of a news corporation, growing old and in the midst of a deal to sell his company and lifes work. He begins to suffer chest pains and hears a voice informing him that soon he will die. His daughter runs into Brad Pitt, who charms her, and unbeknownst to her soon after parting their ways, dies. His body however is returned to earth as a vessel for Death, who makes a deal with Hopkins - show him what the world and life is and he will forgo his end for a while.

Simple enough, it's not going to win awards and by hell is it too long, but I recommend it as an easy going watch. And you get to see Brad Pitt get pretty brutally hit by a car (sort of). Everyones a winner. Claire Forlani is hot as well.

Meet Joe Black.

Great film that is.

I love the differences of opinion on this thread. For me, it's easily one of the worst films I've seen, I hated it.

Â