Rihanna's Umbrella

ender4

What did you think of Umbrella by Rihanna?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think of Umbrella by Rihanna?

• Loved it
    • Liked it
    • Didn't like it
    • Hated it
    • Never heard of it!

I could point to the way they've used melodies and harmonies, we could discuss what makes a good hook. We could talk about what makes a great pop song (for that is what it is, a pop song) and see the elements at work in songs from the Beach Boys, through Duran Duran to Rhianna's Umbrella. Lots of good stuff in all of them. And NO, I'm not saying Rhianna is as talented as the Wilson, just that it's POP MUSIC! When people start shouting about how shite some pop music is it really does say more about the shouter than the music.

IMO yes... I don't like it, hence I would think that anyone that does like has bad taste, but each to his own, and if you like it, knock yourself out, just don't get upset when someone has a different opinion, did you expect everyone to say, yes, yes I like it? :?

Hmm... last post as yes, we might be breaking the rules, but I don't think we are...

With that logic, every song of the millions ever made, that you like, all of those I would need to like, but every single one of the songs you don't like, I would have to not like too, in order for me to no have bad music taste.

That's some tight logic right there.

I'm not upset, I'm furious!

Crikey, I couldn't careless, that you probably wouldn't like the majority of the music I own, and it wouldn't bother me if you thought I had bad taste...

You have anger issues sunshine, I'd suggest some therapy. Or you could just listen to some cheesey shit, erm, like Umbrella, that should cheer you up. :wink:

Personal opinion of the song is that within it's genre, and for it's purpose, it was a huge hit.

collaboration

with Jay-Z which secures radiotime and MTV openings

I guess Rihanna and her bank account don't care

Don't you realise how this sounds? This is music we are talking about. Nobody's asking, is it successful? Only, is it good? And if you think the answer to that it yes, then you should turn off MTV and get yourself to some gigs and festivals. If you don't like guitar music, try The Big Chill.

You don't have to play guitar to make great music...

You're right. Just ask Dr John, Miles Davies, Ray Charles, Jools Holland, Chuck D, Air, Royksopp, Roots Manuva, Ben Folds, The Beastie Boys, Daft Punk, Camille, MGMT (Not sure if they play guitar actually, it doesn't sound like it) and any number of other people. Just don't ask Rihanna or anyone else without talent.

And I'm not 50, not entirely English and it's not about hating modern music, just shit music.

Â