What is your smoking status?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. What is your smoking status?

• Addicted smoker
    • I smoke sociably
    • Never smoked
    • I'm a quitter

Is Norway part of the EU by the way?

I just knew about it from when I played World of Warcraft a lot. The Scandinavian people would talk about it. I have visions of them trying to dispose of soggy little packets of ground tobacco when they are done with it, and possibly stained gums after a lifetimes habit.

Pregnant smokers.

Now that really gets my goat. Do you already have so little love for your unborn child that you feel you can harm it from conception?

Imagine what you might do once its born.

Agreed.

My sister smoked at school, she got pregnant when she was about 20. Quit instantly and getting on for nine years later still doesnt smoke.

If being pregnant isnt reason enough to stop smoking, nothing probably ever will be will it?

I always say we're associated members. We've just decided we don't want to take part in the decission making. Through the European Economic Cooperation, we follow EU legislation on practically everything.

A box of portion snus has a handy 'hidden' lid where you can dispose of a used bag. It's a bit less practical with the pure ground version, which I prefer because it's stronger. It does mess with your gums slightly, that much is true. I can almost scratch my eyeballs from under my upper lip :)

I always say we're associated members. We've just decided we don't want to take part in the decission making. Through the European Economic Cooperation, we follow EU legislation on practically everything.

A box of portion snus has a handy 'hidden' lid where you can dispose of a used bag. It's a bit less practical with the pure ground version, which I prefer because it's stronger. It does mess with your gums slightly, that much is true. I can almost scratch my eyeballs from under my upper lip :)

s that stuff not called snuff over in these parts..i think i have seen it for sale..

I smoke, I enjoy the social aspect of it, and actually I just enjoy smoking anyway. Always have done, but I don't 'need' to smoke i.e. if I'm at home by myself I won't smoke, and can easily go for a week at a time without it even crossing my mind. I smoke much more at Uni though because there are always other smokers around.

It's not really a justifiable habit though. It has definite minor short term effects and possible long term catastrophic ones too. It's also **** expensive if you smoke a lot.

However, I do think that a lot of the time I get on better with smokers only because they tend to (in my experience) have a bit more of a carefree attitude towards life, which I find quite appealing.

Smoking will have to go when I start having responsibilities towards others and a less hedonistic lifestyle though certainly, along with a load of other stuff, but whilst I'm young I don't really give a shit.

i refuse to give up on principle.

What principle, out of interest?

im not having the government telling me what i can and cant do.

Do you murder people and set fire to other peoples property too? :D

s that stuff not called snuff over in these parts..i think i have seen it for sale..

Scandinavian snus is illegal in the EU, and I've never seen it for sale in Ireland. It can't be the same product.

Â