6 Nations (Poll added. Who will win the big game?)

chrissmith921

Pick one  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one

• Ireland to win the match and take the Grand Slam
    • Wales win by less than 13pts. Ireland take the title.
    • Wales win by 13 or more and win the title

England were excellent today, probably the best performance of all teams in the entire competition... Lets hope it's a corner turned.. If we had played like that against the Welsh and the Irish, it would have been England with the Grand Slam.

Hands up, who thought England had a display like that in their locker?

Not me. I thought we could give them a game in the same way that we did with Wales but that first half was something else.

Flutey and Armitage were really good. And, for once, Borthwick looked like the England skipper.

Let's hope it is a corner turned but I could just as easily see us getting turned over by the Jocks next week.

England were excellent today, probably the best performance of all teams in the entire competition... Lets hope it's a corner turned.. If we had played like that against the Welsh and the Irish, it would have been England with the Grand Slam.

To be fair, I thought we did enough against both the Welsh and the Irish to win them both without looking world class on either occasion. Ill dicipline cost us big time.

You could argue, I say could, that England have been the best side in the championship. But that says more about the quality of this years tournament than anything else. Ireland have stumbled their way to the top and the Welsh have looked a shadow of least years team. England and France are work in progress, very much so. The other two are supposed to be the finished article.

England will win next year. I'm that confident of it a tenner to VT if they dont.

didn't this used to be 4 nations? then 5 nations?

when will it become 7 nations?

or will it go back to 5 nations, due to deflation.

Only chance at 7 Nations would be the addition of Argentina, which imo would be great. No chance of it reverting back to 5 Nations as Rugby is really on the rise in Italy. Unless of course we boot the sweaties out.

so can england come 2nd if we beat scotland and wales loose to ireland? and what about france is there anyway we can come 2nd?

England have a much better points difference than France so if Ireland beat Wales, England beat Scotland and France don't murder Italy you should finish second. I actually fancy that the Italians could do that French side England played yesterday.

my bold predictions

Ireland

England

Wales

France

Scotland

Italy

so your saying my highley criticised predictions at the start of the 6 nations could be true only time will tell !

Yeah but in the same post you said England would beat Wales :)

lies i dont see that in the qoute so it musnt be true !

so can england come 2nd if we beat scotland and wales loose to ireland? and what about france is there anyway we can come 2nd?

England have a much better points difference than France so if Ireland beat Wales, England beat Scotland and France don't murder Italy you should finish second. I actually fancy that the Italians could do that French side England played yesterday.

No chance. England absolutely mullered France, there was nothing they could do about it. Italy don't have anything like that in their locker.

Agree with you when you said you would love to see the Argies join to form a 7 nations. They're a good side to watch and it would add an extra dynamic.

But I have a feeling the Argies will join the Southern Hemisphere's Tri-Nations, it kinda makes more sense, being in the Southern Hemisphere and all that.

It's a possibility. But to be honest, I think the Argies know hand on heart that they'll get trounced royaly most years, just like the northern teams do, but they will fancy their chances at a more steady improvement in a 7 nations.

Â