6 Nations (Poll added. Who will win the big game?)

chrissmith921

Pick one  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one

• Ireland to win the match and take the Grand Slam
    • Wales win by less than 13pts. Ireland take the title.
    • Wales win by 13 or more and win the title

But I have a feeling the Argies will join the Southern Hemisphere's Tri-Nations, it kinda makes more sense, being in the Southern Hemisphere and all that.

It's a possibility. But to be honest, I think the Argies know hand on heart that they'll get trounced royaly most years, just like the northern teams do, but they will fancy their chances at a more steady improvement in a 7 nations.

Same scenario as Italy though, and I don't think the Argies are as bad as you think, they play some very good rugby.

But I have a feeling the Argies will join the Southern Hemisphere's Tri-Nations, it kinda makes more sense, being in the Southern Hemisphere and all that.

It's more likely they will play in the 6(7) nations because all there players are based in Europe. They would be flying long haul for every match in the Tri nations. The problem with either option is do they make the effort to play the home games in South America or do they just stick with basing it all in Europe.

<<<< has tickets

^^^^ will be crying as the Irish win ;-)

ha ha,i hope so..i think someone thought Wales were going to walk this six nation 8) ..

I'll admit, I was one of them who thought Wales would win the championship fairly easily, but not the slam (France in Paris being just too tricky). Loads of people with more knowledge of the game than me said the same thing. If you didn't maybe you should be a rugby journo. They were the form side on paper. Funny old game innit?

How much money have you got on an Irish slam? Had it on since before the tournament started?

How much money have you got on an Irish slam? Had it on since before the tournament started?
To mock someone for the inaccuracy of their vehemently held views, one does not have to have similarly vehemently held opposite views.

Indeed Gringo. Just trying to work out if we have another visionary in our midst to add to Kazzam (great shout with the Irish top of the table prediction sir, regardless of what happens this weekend) or just someone who likes taking the p1ss out of people who make predictions based on strengths, style of play, players, form etc.

<<<< has tickets

^^^^ will be crying as the Irish win ;-)

ha ha,i hope so..i think someone thought Wales were going to walk this six nation 8) ..

I'll admit, I was one of them who thought Wales would win the championship fairly easily, but not the slam (France in Paris being just too tricky). Loads of people with more knowledge of the game than me said the same thing. If you didn't maybe you should be a rugby journo. They were the form side on paper. Funny old game innit?

it is a funny old game ISN'T it,Wales are a great side..but i feel there fans they have been over cock sure of them selfs tbf..and no i didnt bet on an ireland win,the same way as i never bet on villa..a wins good enough for me i dont need the mon sunshine..

it is a funny old ISN'T it,Wales are a great side..but i feel there fans they have been over cock sure of them selfs tbf..

Fair dos. A lot of us aren't though. (EDIT : I take back my comment about the bet. There was no need)

Funny you should mention Villa later in your post. You know how when a month back we were flying high and people were responding to our happiness at our good times by saying "Listen to all these cock sure of themselves Villa fans, I hope they get put back in their box soon."

That's how I feel when people say the same thing about Wales. We were playing great stuff and winning, I was smiling, and cautiously optimistic at being talked about as the best side in Europe and all of a sudden it's 'cocky Welsh' this and that and people wishing defeat on you and laughing when it comes. Not a nice feeling really, especially when it comes from our Celtic cousins. I mean, we're used to it from the other lot :) Whatever happens this weekend, at least it won't be them at the top of the tree :winkold:

FWIW I voted Wales to win, but not by enough to stop a well deserved Irish Championship.

It's a possibility. But to be honest, I think the Argies know hand on heart that they'll get trounced royaly most years, just like the northern teams do, but they will fancy their chances at a more steady improvement in a 7 nations.

Same scenario as Italy though, and I don't think the Argies are as bad as you think, they play some very good rugby.

Oh no, I didn't say they were bad at all. They have shown how capable they are at world cup level. My point was that like Italy and Scotland here, or if England, Wales, Ireland or France were to defect to the southern hemisphere (just for argument sake) they would become whipping boys for the most part, at least for the first few years.

Wheras in a 7 nations Argentina would be genuine competitors (unlike Italy) and would have a better chance of raising the profile of the game in their own country and improving.

it is a funny old game ISN'T it,Wales are a great side...

Errrr, no they're not. Nowhere near it.

A great side would have won this tournament at a canter. They really struggled with an England side in transition, could have lost had it not been for ill dicipline. Lost to a French side in transition and were worse against Italy than England. Scotland gave them a scare or two as well, bloody Scotland.

They've made 8 changes for the Irish game. Sound like a great side to you? Nah, didn't think so. Talking out their back sides as usual, I hope Ireland hand it to them and I hate Ireland even more so (when it comes to rugby of course!)

I stand by my opinion that the England performance against France was far and away the best of the tournament. Closely followed by France against Wales. The two sides that show the most future promise IMO.

And to think, when Danny Cipriani sorts himself out....

I might be biased but I just think with Wales it's a confidence thing and they haven't quite clicked yet. Not saying they will against Ireland mind. If they do, as Keith Wood said on Five Live yesterday, they could be out of sight within a 10 minute period.

I don't think Wales really struggled against England, and I don't recall being scared by Scotland. Yes, the Paris performance was poor and Italy was edgy too, but that was a weakened side (a bad move from Gatland IMO, but that would explain the 8 changes). They are the same side basically as last year's Slam winners - surely that was a great team?

I might be biased but I just think with Wales it's a confidence thing and they haven't quite clicked yet. Not saying they will against Ireland mind. If they do, as Keith Wood said on Five Live yesterday, they could be out of sight within a 10 minute period.

I don't think Wales really struggled against England, and I don't recall being scared by Scotland. Yes, the Paris performance was poor and Italy was edgy too, but that was a weakened side (a bad move from Gatland IMO, but that would explain the 8 changes). They are the same side basically as last year's Slam winners - surely that was a great team?

I thought England, who were really poor themselves, coped relatively well with this "great side" with 15 men on the pitch. Fair enough on the Scotland game, thinking back maybe I'm wrong.

Wales are a good side. Everything clicked for them last year against 5 nations in relative turmoil.

Great though? England circa 2000-2003 were great. You can't tell me this Welsh side are anywhere near that level....

Anyway, England will have the Calcutta and the Garibaldi trophy this time next week, so surely they're the most successful side in the tournament?! :winkold:

Great though? England circa 2000-2003 were great. You can't tell me this Welsh side are anywhere near that level....

Honestly? I think this Welsh side (read the Slam Winners of last year) are very near that level and they'd give them one hell of a game. It's one of those classic sporting arguments tho innit. Impossible to win for either of us :)

The Garibaldi trophy eh? Sweet. (Or should that be savoury?)

Â