6 Nations (Poll added. Who will win the big game?)

chrissmith921

Pick one  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one

• Ireland to win the match and take the Grand Slam
    • Wales win by less than 13pts. Ireland take the title.
    • Wales win by 13 or more and win the title

Ireland will have a shocker.

Oh Rich.. Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich :)

Looks like Mr Kidney is going to take the Munster ethos onto the international stage.. What a game yesterday!!

Well, going forward both those sides looked good, but they both clearly have real problems up front and setting any defensive pattern.

Lets see what happens when the Irish come to Cardiff - I have a feeling they'll have absolutely no answer to (quite clearly over the weekend) the best pack in this tournament by an absolute street and also - as proven over the past 18 months - the best defence in the NH.

The fact that Roberts, Halfpenny and Powell have given Wales another dimension by offering 2 major ball carriers and a flying winger to mean Wales' back 3 are even more deadly - are any Irish still saying that this Wales side isnt good enough? Missed 14 points of kicks and still won comfortably - I cannot wait for the English next week - those Armitage boys are in for one hell of an eye opener - I hope their mother is in the crowd to see whats coming for them.... :)

After the first set of games, it looks clear that we're head, shoulders knees and toes above the rest in this tournament. Perhaps we should consider playing the SH sides each year instead? ;)

Looks like Mr Kidney is going to take the Munster ethos onto the international stage.. What a game yesterday!!

Well, going forward both those sides looked good, but they both clearly have real problems up front and setting any defensive pattern.

Lets see what happens when the Irish come to Cardiff - I have a feeling they'll have absolutely no answer to (quite clearly over the weekend) the best pack in this tournament by an absolute street and also - as proven over the past 18 months - the best defence in the NH.

The fact that Roberts, Halfpenny and Powell have given Wales another dimension by offering 2 major ball carriers and a flying winger to mean Wales' back 3 are even more deadly - are any Irish still saying that this Wales side isnt good enough? Missed 14 points of kicks and still won comfortably - I cannot wait for the English next week - those Armitage boys are in for one hell of an eye opener - I hope their mother is in the crowd to see whats coming for them.... :)

After the first set of games, it looks clear that we're head, shoulders knees and toes above the rest in this tournament. Perhaps we should consider playing the SH sides each year instead? ;)

i hope the english bash you's,and put you's back in your box..

Not going to happen mate. We are far, far, far too good for them.

Not going to happen mate. We are far, far, far too good for them.

and far far far far to full of yourselfs.you's will get a nice little come down from one these side's mark my words..

mark your words? Only France have the ability to do us over. And thats if they learn to defend.

Cannot wait to see Andy Powell and Jamie Roberts ruin that Irish 10/12 combination. We'll stuff each and every one of you this year if France dont fancy it like they didnt on Saturday - you're not in the same league as us fella - even ODriscoll is saying it, and he's a right word removed!

mark your words? Only France have the ability to do us over. And thats if they learn to defend.

Cannot wait to see Andy Powell and Jamie Roberts ruin that Irish 10/12 combination. We'll stuff each and every one of you this year if France dont fancy it like they didnt on Saturday - you're not in the same league as us fella - even ODriscoll is saying it, and he's a right word removed!

i said one of these teams i didnt say us "FELLA"..were you going on all cocky like this when you's where shit FELLA?..

of course not - you cant be cocky and shit - if I were, I'd be an Ireland fan.

However, having taken shit for years from England (rightfully so, World Champions and awesome at it) and Ireland (well, lets be fair, you lot have built your side for 2007 and were terrible and came home early) fans, you're getting it back.

I'd say we're the second best side in the world at the moment - I cant wait to see your pack go backwards at Cardiff, then I will enjoy the celebrations at the end as we lift the trophy AGAIN. The only question is, will the trophy be complete?

Amazing stuff Gary. Didn't see that coming at all. Not sure you have as much class as our boyos though. Should have more than enough to see off England mind. See you in a North East boozer for a Triple Crown-off soon then eh? As long as it's not Paddywhacks in Sunderland or any of those Irish bars in Toon :winkold:

EDIT: Forget it, I see you and Chris are going along quite nicely without me getting involved. Still surprised to see an Irishmen wanting England to beat Wales tho. What happened to Celtic solidarity? :winkold:

FWIW I'm chuffed Ireland did the Frogs and proved me wrong. A Six Nations with Irish tails up is all the better for it.

Gloating is a sign of insecurity, Ludwig, stop it. :winkold:

p.s. Wales record against SA, Oz and NZ isn't great, is it? I'd stick to being satisfied that your time in the NH has come again as it will be gone in a couple of years and someone else will be on top.

my bold predictions

Ireland

England

Wales

France

Scotland

Italy

england to do the welsh on sunday like we shoulda done last year b4 we self destructed

England wont finish 2nd. If they were in a 2 horse race they'd struggle to finish top 2. the way they've played recently.

KAZZAM - who will score the points that England need to beat Wales? Bearing in mind you'll need at least 30. Thats my bold prediction right there.

*Praying on Johnson keeping Flutey/Noon/Tindall involved*

snowy - my comment re Southern hemisphere was directly from England's comment that they should have done it several years ago. Welsh fans know more than anyone how quickly the tides can swing - but England are in deep, deep shit. Bend over boys - we're gunna have an ass-raping on Saturday ;)

Chris, fair enough. :D

I've never been of that opinion myself (going with the SH). I was always thoroughly thankful when we were doing well - especially in times like these where it seems that every game we play we get worse.

I really want to know what people like Tait and Geraghty have done so badly that they don't deserve a run in the side and people like Noon and Flutey do?

I hope you don't damage Armitage, too much. I quite like the look of him.

By the way, what's happened to James Hook? Is he injured?

Hook came on off the bench yesterday. Jones was preferred for his experience I guess and his goal kicking (which didn't exactly work out well.)

There is such a thing as overconfidence mind Chris. A better side than Scotland might have made the last 5 minutes a bit squeaky yesterday. Are England a better side than Scotland I guess is the question.

Are England a better side than Scotland I guess is the question.

Recent performances would suggest not. :(

EDIT: Though I still think we'll scrape a win against them at Twickenham.

Hook came on off the bench yesterday.

Did he? I was watching the game and missed that. Was that about the time when Halfpenny took over the kicking duties?

I think that is almost THE question of the tournament. If it was the five Nations still, the Calcutta Cup would be the Wooden Spoon match

The only other question is France and they will be as unpredictable as ever imo

Hook came on off the bench yesterday. Jones was preferred for his experience I guess and his goal kicking (which didn't exactly work out well.)

There is such a thing as overconfidence mind Chris. A better side than Scotland might have made the last 5 minutes a bit squeaky yesterday. Are England a better side than Scotland I guess is the question.

In the same way in 2005, Scotland 'came back' - this game was done and over after Shanes try. Yes they got over our line and pressured a bit more, but Wales were comfortable enough.

The question is definately are England better than Scotland? I dont think they are - up front England really struggled over Autumn and thats not something thats been said of England in living memory.

Steffon Armitage and Delon Armitage will be in for a big day at the office on Saturday - Martyn Williams is the best 7 in the NH without a shadow of doubt and will give a real test to Steffon, and Lee Byrne is probably the best full back on the planet at the moment, so will give Delon a big challenge.

Over-confidence is a possibility Santa, but seen absolutely nothing from any of the other sides that worries me - England struggled to beat a side (and only did so through the other teams lack of a kicker/scrum half) that they should beat comfortably, France and Ireland played a game against teams with no defensive patterns at all and the less said about Italy the better.

Wales have genuine world class talent in Ryan Jones and Gavin Henson to bring back in, as well as talent off the bench such as Peel, Hook etc - both of whom will be in the Lions setup shortly...

I just think if you were to pick a Six Nations XV at the moment, 12 or 13 of them would be Welsh - its just how it is at the moment.

As for goal kicking, he had a poor day at the office, in a bigger game like France that could cost us, but he's been there and done it many times, he'll know it wasnt good enough and I'm sure if he gets the 10 shirt on Saturday, he'll make up for it. If not, Hooks in and Jones wont have the shirt for the next 6 months.

Recent performances would suggest not. :(

EDIT: Though I still think we'll scrape a win against them at Twickenham.

Hook came on off the bench yesterday.

Did he? I was watching the game and missed that. Was that about the time when Halfpenny took over the kicking duties?

He came on when the mass changes were made - I think Halfpennys attempt was when Jones was still on.

BBC just missed it off the list of subs when he came on

Â