James Milner - little known facts

Sit_Down_Potato_Head

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you know that in 1972 James Milner was sent to prison by a crown court for a crime he didn't commit. James Milner promptly escaped from a maximum security prison to the Leeds underground. Today, still wanted by the government, he survives as a hard working winger.

If you have a ball that needs crossing - if no one else can help - and if you can find him - maybe you can hire: James Milner.

Did you know that in 1972 James Milner was sent to prison by a crown court for a crime he didn't commit. James Milner promptly escaped from a maximum security prison to the Leeds underground. Today, still wanted by the government, he survives as a hard working winger.

If you have a ball that needs crossing - if no one else can help - and if you can find him - maybe you can hire: James Milner.

:D

One of my favourite 'Jimmy's' to date.

The reason Han Solo didn't reply with "I love you too" to Leia at the end of Empire Strikes Back is because he was really in love with James Milner.

I like this one. :):thumb:

And also all of Trajan's contributions- The Steve Brookstein one had me --> :crylaugh: ing.

James Milner first met Noel Edmonds in 1953, when both men attended an audition for the part of Professor Marcus in 'The Ladykillers'. Although neither man secured the role (eventually going to Alec Guinness) Noel gave his friend James his first big break in the 1990s by employing him to man the suit of Mr Blobby, Noel's onscreen sidekick in the show 'Noel's House Party'. To this day James and Noel are close friends, and James still takes time out of his busy schedule to appear as the Noel's fidus Achates 'The Banker' in the hit gameshow Deal or No Deal.

James named his 5 year old Bernese Mountain dog 'Noel' in honour of Mr Edmonds.

The phrase "raining cats and dogs" was invented by James Milner. He was passing the old Datsun cars factory one day and farted, causing the factory to explode horribly. As he was standing with the wreckage ofthe factory and its contents falling around him, he commented "Ay up, it's raining Datsun Cogs".

Unfortunately, during the translation from Yorkshire to English, the phrase was slightly misunderstood.

The phrase "raining cats and dogs" was invented by James Milner. He was passing the old Datsun cars factory one day and farted, causing the factory to explode horribly. As he was standing with the wreckage ofthe factory and its contents falling around him, he commented "Ay up, it's raining Datsun Cogs".

Unfortunately, during the translation from Yorkshire to English, the phrase was slightly misunderstood.

:lol::clap::hooray: