maqroll

Your Folks' Marriage Status  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Your Folks' Marriage Status

• Married
    • Divorced
    • Seperated
    • Never married

My parents didn't speak to each other for nearly ten years and now love each other like kittens.

And (hopefully) will see out their final years in each others arms (if I have anything to do with it (a lttle needle on their 60th anniversary maybe)). Marriage and the catholic church can be a wonderful thing.

**** about, you bunch of wetters, I've never known anything then a broken home haha...

My earliest memories are of my pa leaving, I couldn't have been 3 years old, and it's a day I'll never forget.

I couldn't recall anyone else in my family for another 4 or 5 or 6 years plus, noone else ever mattered. Even now at 25, even though I can see him 7 nights a week, even though he's been the most caring, honest and genuine person on the planet, even though I've give him nothing but shit in my life, I'll always regret the fact that we never lived together apart from those early days. I love my pa to pieces man, best bloke in the world by far.

33 years ...

But when I was a teenager my Dad had an affair ... dunno how the marriage survived that.

I remember my Mother crying a lot after finding out, both in her room and over the phone ... she was just recovering from cancer as well ...

My Dad came clean eventually ... told the family the truth and the whole nasty thing got swept under the carpet.

• 1 month later...

Just been to see my parents and sister after a gap of over 13 years, and can confirm they are still married after 45 years :-)

You didn't see your parents for 13 years?!?

Have you been too busy posting pics for us this whole time?

Heh :-)

Let's just say we had a "falling out", that is now firmly in the past

You didn't see your parents for 13 years?!?

Have you been too busy posting pics for us this whole time?

Heh :-)

Let's just say we had a "falling out", that is now firmly in the past

Good to hear you have reconciled, life is too short !

And, keep the pics coming...it gets me through the days :lol:

...and can confirm they are still married...
Sounds a bit like an interview someone did with Alf Ramsey just after he got his knighthood. It went something like:

"Alf, are your parents still alive?"

"Indeed. Most certainly."

"Where do they live?"

"In Dagenham, I believe."

Â