World of Warcraft

The_Rev

Yeah, you get the free month. I went ahead and got it and started a new account. I'll see how I go after the first month but it's a nice feeling starting from scratch again. I never got very far on my previous account anyway (hit level caps but that was about it) 

• 3 months later...

My friend who first got me into the game wants me to come back and level with him. He quit just before WOTLK. I'm not too sure what to do. I didn't like they way things like pvp were going during Pandaria, so i quit for a while. Maybe it will be fun leveling with him one last time as the my best times come from leveling.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slzQOyS5TqQ

For those of us still playing, 5.4 looking very interesting indeed.

I think the raid will be particularly good after the impressive Throne of Thunder.

The corruption of Garrosh and his overwhelming need for power to the point of almost destroying the Horde has been one of the more interesting WoW stories of recent times. I imagine there'll be a few twists and turns before a new Warchief takes power. The trailer is great, using daddy's Gorehowl axe, I see ;) But yeah, the new raid is set within Orgrimmar itself, should be pretty good fun. 

Edited by nobler
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I really need some urgent help as I dont have a clue what I'm doing here! I did post in the tech chat but nobody replied.

My son wants a new laptop for his birthday (putting with money he's managed to save already) and he's desperate to start playing WOW. What spec does he need to run it well? Is it realistic he can get a laptop for £400-500 that will do this? He would also like to play Skyrim but from what I've managed to understand its unlikely this price range will allow this?

My understanding is that Integrated graphics are not enough and he needs a graphics card which seems to bump the cost up excessively?

I used to be quite clued up on all this but old age has turned it all into a foreign language now!

My 2's partner runs WoW with a desktop with these specs.

2.5ghz dual core

3gb ram

ATI 4 series graphics card 

He runs it with everything turned down apart from the view distance which is on the max settings. You can get some ok pre built desktops for around £500 that would run WoW on some decent settings.

Edited by Daniel

Sorry but that is bollocks.   When I played WoW probably half the people I played with ran it on a laptop. 

7cEZvaC.png

This is on a two year old Dell laptop I paid £400 for. 

Edited by The_Rev

Â