World of Warcraft

The_Rev

The cost?

I got the game for £24 from ePlay in the Bullring. Might be a bit far for you to go, but thats indicative of the price.

The first month is free, then its £9 per month after that (cheaper per month if you buy longer amounts of credit, i went for 3 months at £25, giving me a total of 4 months for £49. Given that i spend at least £40 a month on games as it is, WoW isnt expensive at all. You will probably get more minutes of gameplay out of this game per pound spent than anything else on the market. Im saying there is well over 1000 hours of gameplay per class type on the game, and there are 9 different class types, speread over Horde and Alliance. Some classes play entirely different to others. Myself (warlock) and D1 (warrior) are probably polar opposites, and are having massively different gameplay experiences. Ill probably pick some kind of melee based class as my next character (who will be called, imaginatively, "NaysonTwo") Id guess most people would want a high level character on both Horde and Alliance sides of the game too. I know i do.)

Anyway:

hello6ke.jpg

And Designer1, my good self, and some Welsh bird that follows me around a lot (who clearly doesnt want to be in the picture, she isnt waving and has cast an invisibility spell on herself)

What. a. game.

Just had two hours on it this morning to get the hang of it. At least the wife said it was tow hours, felt more like 2 minutes. At the moment I'm a dwarf, and I've completed a couple of quests, and got brought into a couple of groups, which was nice. There's some kick ass people about, shonuff!

At the moment I have to content myself with bopping trolls on the noggin with me hammer, while others stand on the other side of the screen and napalm their asses with fire balls.

Great fun! I'll have to drop in on your server I think.

What a completely and utterly amazing game. It's way better than real life! Thanks to Si for showing me the ropes, as has been said you're a true legend!

Everybody should own this game, it rocks!

And note that Risso isnt dressed like a Pikey any more. I had to sort that out, and buy him some better clothes.

Anyway, same shot, different angle:

eddance1kx.jpg

ED's (and Risso's) dance is the best. He gets to do a full on 80's b-boy style breakdance. Me and Si get a naff Air Guitar/Headbang combo, and that little minion thing of mine sets himself on fire, and does a somersault. Which isnt as spectacular as it sounds.

I was spectacularly rubbish last night I must admit. While Si was showing me the sights on an airship journey, I managed to fall off, plummet to the ground, and proceeded to be set upon by all sorts of vicious beasties that were too hard for me. Then when Si tried to open a Portal, I swam off and drowned!

Â