World of Warcraft

The_Rev

Rev - you told me to play a little game called GTA VC that I got free with my PS2. That paid off big time. I'm gonna go with you on this one and by this game. The trailer looks awesome. What game/games would you loosely compare it to though and will I struggle to "get into it"?

Id compare it to GTA actually. A game about 10 times the size of GTA:SA

Only with less (read "no") cars, more fighting, a full fledged economy, and most of the other people on the game are humans, not computer players.

I have had many fantastic evenings playing with Designer1 on it. You might find you need quite a time investment, but its totally worth it. Even if you dont subscribe, and only go with the free month that you get with the purchace, you will get more hours of gaming for your £25 than you would on pretty much any other game i can think of.

Rev - you told me to play a little game called GTA VC that I got free with my PS2. That paid off big time. I'm gonna go with you on this one and by this game. The trailer looks awesome. What game/games would you loosely compare it to though and will I struggle to "get into it"?

Dan, let us know when you get on and I'll give you a tour. Make sure you join the Deathwing server and choose a Horde character (Alliance are a bunch of gayboys :lol: )

I'd like that tour. I've been on today and was overwhelmed. Didn't have a **** clue. D1 - if you have msn or something pm it me.

np. Next time you go on join the Deathwing PvP server, create a Horde character and add my character Siongest to your friends list. you'll be able to see if i'm online and we can meet up.

See you later. 8)

Enjoying it at the mo. Even though I'm still a noob and my skills are limited. What actually is the highest "level" you can get to with regards your own skills? I want to be able to grab a taxi on one of those creatures instead of having to walk places, that looks cool.

I'm regretting being an orc. Warlocks look better :(

I'm regretting being an orc. Warlocks look better

If you want to change character, now is the time to do it early on. I would recommend an Undead character, maybe a Warlock as they can have pets (ask Rev :winkold: )

Btw, theres a little something in the warcraft post for you. 8)

Well I've actually gone out and bought a legit copy of this following the rave reviews, and so far it's been a total pain in the arse. After the interminable installation time, I sign up for my account, and sit down to play. Only it automatically starts to download a patch. But the shite downloading program they use called Blizzard doesn't work properly and crashes my system. So I go to the WOW of website, to look for sites where I can download the patch, and all it has are the hellish fileplanet and file shack sites, where you either have to pay, or wait in line for ages, before getting a shite download speed!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Things like this really piss me off! If they're going to have patches for games, at least make it easy to get hold of them. If I wasn't so bored this would have gone straight back to Tesco tonight for a refund!

Just spent most of the evening showing ED the ropes and generally having some serious fun. Not sure whats happened there Risso, never had any problems with it at all tbh.

When you get up and running pm me and we can sort out a meet up with me, you, ED and The Rev. You won't regret it. :lol:

Managed to do an entire instance (Razorfen Kraul) and got **** all.

Didnt have any quests. I was asked to help by someone ive quested with a few times (Shaetano) , and he said he would share. I wasnt eligable for ANY of them.

No problem i thought, ill get a nice drop or two in here, surely.

And i won precicely ZERO rolls.

What a really bad person. 7.jpg

Well I finally got it all going last night, but didn't really have the time to play it, as after I'd downloaded the patch, it took another half an hour for that to install. Had a quick go, ran around and killed a few wolves, but that was it! The graphics look amazing though. I'm going to sit and have a read of the instructions, then probably try and get into it after the Chelsea match, so any help then would be appreciated!

You have picked a Horde character on the Deathwing server?

Oh, and one bit of advice: Shamans are horribly overpowered. Being one gives something of an advantage!

Are we playing screenshots?

Check this:

batrideagain4hv.th.jpg

travelhordestyle7jv.th.jpg

The game is so big, moving from one side of the map to the other by normal means would take forever, so there are various flying things to jump on, from bats and those things out of Jason and the Argonauts (with lions heads, wings and scorpions tails) for local* journies, and parping great zeppelins and ships for the bigger journies. There is even a short train route on the game, complete with a big issue seller at one of the stations.

wowmap16004bc.th.jpg

This map might give some idea of the mind boggling vastness of the game. To put it into perspective, i have some 200+ hours of play on the game now, and ive been to probably less than a third of it so far. Its all unlocked from the start of the game too, not like GTA!

nicemoonlight6le.th.jpg

Oh, and the game plays in real time day/night cycles. So here is a picture of my good self, and D1 standing around on the top of a cliff in the dark.

*term used very loosely indeed!

If you started a new character, how long would it take to be able to do quests with others, you guys for instance.

Because if everyone is level 30 higher, isnt it really booring beeing a level 1?

Ive promiseed myself not to do this, but since i cant get drunk tonight, ive got nothing else to do.

Whats the monthly costs? Anyway i will keep you up to date 8)

Â