World of Warcraft

The_Rev

On 16/11/2018 at 08:45, KenjiOgiwara said:

Still remember not getting my halo, like ever. Onyxia was such a clearing in the woods. 

Also wonder how many runs we did for that Scholomance staff for Nays. Must have been hundreds. 

Was reading up on this again now and I had totally forgotten about Zul Gurub. 

Tarj?!

I had similar issues, 7/8 tier 2 from BWL but never got pants off Ragnaros.

Does anyone happen to have any of the Nefarian kill videos? I think youtube was in its infancy and have long since lost the hard drive I used to use back then

Yup. Just watched it. 

Two things. 1) **** me dps had it easy in those raids. Nays running around chatting. As a healer you had the shittest job of being forced to time mana pot cycling or the raid would wipe. No time to relax what so ever. 

2) The amount of dimwits in that raid group. I think 10 players were carried through that Neffy kill and I am not even joking. Some of those warriors were incredibly shite. 

But we actually did really well for a group of old bastards. Remember we went from that Neffy kill to downing the first boss in AQ40. I actually think we got really good at that point. Makes me remember some of the players though. Gaiana and Gorthauer were a laugh. 

Now where is Irish J? 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

14 hours ago, ED said:

Tarj?!

I had similar issues, 7/8 tier 2 from BWL but never got pants off Ragnaros.

I think the real tragedy was that I was sick, had an exam or something, and couldn't raid. The Halo dropped and Sam got it. And he never shuts up about it! 😁

I had next to nothing in terms of T2 gear.  I did get to post Nefarian's head though in Orgri after the first Nefarian kill.

Oh and just to make you feel old, it'll be 11 years in December since the Dashers folded.

3 hours ago, Risso said:

I had next to nothing in terms of T2 gear.  I did get to post Nefarian's head though in Orgri after the first Nefarian kill.

Oh and just to make you feel old, it'll be 11 years in December since the Dashers folded.

I still remember doing a shout out in Orgri when you first became a dad! Still got the screenshot somewhere 😄

Damn this thread makes me feel old(er).

13 hours ago, Designer1 said:

I still remember doing a shout out in Orgri when you first became a dad! Still got the screenshot somewhere 😄

Damn this thread makes me feel old(er).

I loved, absolutely loved, our brief and mostly ill-fated sojourns into 2v2 arena!

Tarj, have you got over losing the need roll for the Trindlehaven Staff from LBRS yet?  There's not a day gone by in the intervening years when I haven't felt bad about that! ;)

I lost most need rolls to be fair. Except the halo the only bitterness I feel is against the idiot who balanced the druid/warrior in arena. That mortal strike and cyclone bullshit made my blood boil. 

I guess also the amount of times Dan and Gone pulled aggro, only for me to heal them, they vanish,  I get aggro,  die, and they were laughing. That almost made me quit the game. 

• 5 months later...

Wow, just had a little play on the 'free trial' of this on my laptop. How easy is it now?! 

We're moving house in a couple of weeks so I'm gonna get the computer back out and play it for real to see if I can rekindle any kind of love I had for the game. Been put off by this instant 120 level boost though. Where the hell is the sense of achievement in that? Granted the game opens up at max but come on... 

Edited by MCU

Yes, the game is nothing like what it was "back in the day" whatsoever.  Most classes use 2-3 buttons max now, I reckon you could almost play it on a console.

4 hours ago, Risso said:

Yes, the game is nothing like what it was "back in the day" whatsoever.  Most classes use 2-3 buttons max now, I reckon you could almost play it on a console.

So like Rogues back in Vanilla? :trollface:

• Like 2

On 20/11/2018 at 09:17, KenjiOgiwara said:

I think the real tragedy was that I was sick, had an exam or something, and couldn't raid. The Halo dropped and Sam got it. And he never shuts up about it! 😁

😄

I don't know what you mean. And I'm not a proper priest either.

What was the FP we used to camp -Risso(k) hiding behind a tree....used to be able to knock Alliance off the eagles iirc.  🙂 - 

Anyone remember when we went on to AQ40 after nailing Nefarian? I think that was the highlight of raiding for me. Nobody had read up on it and it was all new going in. I loved that. Such a shame we didn't keep going after that. 

16 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Anyone remember when we went on to AQ40 after nailing Nefarian? I think that was the highlight of raiding for me. Nobody had read up on it and it was all new going in. I loved that. Such a shame we didn't keep going after that. 

Silithus and AQ40 - remember the server event? Gates of AQ or similar?

21 hours ago, red5 said:

Silithus and AQ40 - remember the server event? Gates of AQ or similar?

Yes, there was a big realm wide event that had to be completed to open the gates. Mostly comprised grinding for thousands of carapaces as I recall.  I was there when they opened at about 2am, was a pretty cool one time only gaming event.

Cleared AQ20 a few times, don't think I did much in 40 though.

• Like 1

Â