World of Warcraft

The_Rev

Tell tale signs you've been playing a game for too long:

Your wife's got the hump, and isn't talking to you.

You didn't bother to get dressed all day.

Your eyes feel like crap from staring at the minitor all day.

You dream about what's been going on in the game!

So cheers Nayson and Si, when the wife leaves me, and my house is repossessed because I've stopped going to work, I'll know who to blame!!

This is the best game there's ever been, amazing, truly, truly amazing.

Nayson and I installed Teamspeak (free software) last night and that really does give the game a whole new dimension. No more typing to talk to each other you just use your pc mic and your away.

The only drawback is that I keep getting called a Yam Yam because of my accent :lol:

Im installing the shite now (god i hope those patches doesnt take long :shock: ). I went in 4 different shops to get it! Must be in demand or something this game..

Anyway. Human or Death?? Whats the coolest thing to be? My mate told me not to go warlock at the start, as its supposed to be very tricky for a newbie :oops:

TRL...be an overpowered Shaman (Horde) on our Deathwing server. I'd be pleased to show you the ropes, as Nayson and Si have been doing for me. It's great, it's like the VT chat room, only I'm a big green Orc, and all the other people have weird creatures too. YOu can then gang up with your mates and beat stuff up. Great fun. If Bicks gets this, there'll be one less taxi doing its rounds in Liverpool I guarantee!

Probably better off not being a Shaman if there is already one in the group.

Get characters that compliment each other, to make a stronger group. Shamans are massively versatile, and dont really have any weaknesses, but that doesnt mean a group of several Shamen will be all powerful.

If you are questing with Dan, who has picked a Rogue (massive damage dealer, probably along with the Mage the hardest hitter in the game) you might need someone who can take a bit of a kicking and come out smiling, like a Warrior, or an out and out healer, like a Priest (the most popular class on the game in terms of how other people playing will like you)

Anyway. Human or Death?? Whats the coolest thing to be? My mate told me not to go warlock at the start, as its supposed to be very tricky for a newbie :oops:

True. I picked a Warlock as my first character, and they are without a doubt the hardest (read "most involving") class to play as on the whole game, and it will take until about level 30, some 200 hours of play, before they really start to shine. Dont let that put you off if you want to be a Lock though, but if you are going to be questing with Dan and Risso a lot, perhaps a healer (priest) or a tank (warrior) will suit the group a lot more.

Try a few characters, see which one you enjoy the most.

Me and Dan were kicking some ass tonight. It's good to be able to stand back and heal your mates. There's some great people on the server, the sort who cast great spells on you as they run past. Nice.

I blundered into some disputed territory tonight, and got the ass whupping of my life!

Any newcomers I think rev's right, we need different people.

I don't think it needs to be brilliant spec Bicks, as long as your internet connection is up to it, which it is (you're on that mega Bulldog thing aren't you?)

Get yourself a copy today, I insist!

OK so its bought, yet to be installed, I'll read the manual and get back to you in 2008 :?

I even bought one of those headphones and a microphone thingymajig, but I'll blag the missus that its a p[resent for her so she can talk to her unkle in Australia ;)

Durotar I think, like me. Make sure you only use the deathwing server (even if it means queueing) and make yourself a Horde character, like an orc or something. Then wander round and get to know the place.

Add:

Siongest (Designer)

Evildan (me)

Nayson (Rev)

and Rissok (Risso)

and post your own character name here not your login name, though they may be the same.

Enjoy.

Â