The Feeling's Mutual

NurembergVillan

What are your thoughts on Carlton "I'm brilliant, me" Cole?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. What are your thoughts on Carlton "I'm brilliant, me" Cole?

• Jury is still out
    • I'd like to nail his feet to Kings Road in a bid to keep him out of B6
    • I think he'd be a great signing, either on loan or permanently

Jon, sorry but I cannot take the view of him being a Villa player until we own his contract outright.

And as Villa fans do have a liking for scapegoats then a loanee is going to fit our requirements very well.

this is a loan with a view to buy

is it? I believe that, that is just wishfull thinking. I havent read anything concrete that we have agreed a fee. From what im reading now (ive just logged on) its very much a case of him gettin some experience then going back to chelsea cause we arent good enough. I say wishfull thinkin because i would like to think that we're not this small time. Admittedly he's not starting and is just a back up for the season but still. This lad is gonna have to prove himself after some of the stuff ive read.

Also i will be expecting us to actually spend some money, more than a bloody million anyway!!! :evil:

I feel ambigious about this one; I ve seen him play three times, twice for Chelsea as a sub and also last year against us. Against Chelsea he looked exciting, infact one of the best sub appearances I ve ever seen, the fact that Chelsea were already three or four up against Everton might have something to do with it. He just seemed to ooze class. Against Villa, I have to say he looked anoymous, he popped up and scored a goal, but frankly he looked no better against us than say another very tall striker called Crouch. So I am very much cut in two; he could be good he could be bad.

Its hard to feel that he really wants to be here; he had a disastrous spell at Wolves, where I believe there were discipline problems and I believe he refused to play at one point. He didn’t seem to be that keen on staying at Charlton, though Curbishley obviously rated him. Then there were all those rumours about roasting. All in all he carries a bit of a stench.

DOL seems to have a streak in him that likes to reform bad boys (Woodgate, Smith and Bowyer), so maybe he feels he can keep CC on the straight and narrow, and I hope he can. But I can’t feel that DOL has scraped the barrel on this one; no money to sign players who I feel would be able to bring more to the table.

Fair play to Richard; he’s saying it as he sees it, and as he says its hsi right. I m a little more positive, and I am trying reserve judgement on what has to be one of the most uninspriring signings. I just hope it turns out well.

I am sorry to say, but I fear that our two great hopes the Moore brothers, may remain hopes and not realities. I am getting the feeling that DOL might not rate them that much. Lets hope I am wrong.

But all in all, this is another damming sign of Doug Ellis. For God sake Doug, give the man the tools he needs, stop tying his hands and let us move forward. This is just a sideways move.

with my blinkers on, i'd like to think we've got some sort of gauaranteed option to buy after this season.

If not, then this deal is a big pile of doo-doo.

let's give another sides up and coming players a chance to shine and then let them return to them after a year.

Cray-zeee :shock:

Couple of points.

One a cheap signing no commitment to any possible sale but if we brought him would Cole cost anymore than a million pounds anyway, seems a signing of a player who could be very good but DOL is not entirely certain.

I hate loan signings they never seem to work in general and on the part of the loanee he can not be really committed could he, also Cole's reputation is a bit of a worry I thought we were getting away from these type of players ?

Come on people...next season he will be in a Villa shirt on the Villa Park pitch. It seems to me pretty obvious that he was asked how he feels about another loan move, and gave a perfectly reasonable response. Now he is playing for us (even if he is not technically a Villa player) lets give him our full support. Forssell didn't do too badly did he?!

players should deserve respect and support once we have seen their performances for us on the pitch. I can not see a problem in someone saying they think Cole is no good and shouldn't be brought thats their view. But no-one should judge him for Villa until we have seen him play.

Anyway hopefully if Vas and JPA are on fire he won;t be seen anyway !!!

well I've copied this from a locked thread beacuse I liked what I put :-)

There is an argument about the number of goals CC got last year. Well it's four premiership goals, the same as crouch. And the only reason I'm moaning is because it is not an outright transfer. IF Cole was that adamant about doing anything to get his career on line then why not ask to leave?

Why not insist that if he signs for us it's permanent?

I think that Cole will prove to be a great signing. there is simply no point in getting on his back because the deal is done. Lets support him all the way and if he flops, well we don't sign him. I don't know whether its just this site but all my mates think that he is a great signing. Loaning players is what happens now people, if your not in the top 5 (which we nearly were) then you loan players to add to your squad. Nearly every other team has. Now lets be more positive, we are moving forward all the time. Yes we've lost a lot of players and only replaced them with 2 others. these two add quality though, not simply numbers and that is what we have to be interested in now. If you want numbers you follow the SHA method. Now can anyone honestly say that they wish Villa had spent the same amount of money on the same players as them? I can't.

I think that Cole will prove to be a great signing. there is simply no point in getting on his back because the deal is done. Lets support him all the way and if he flops, well we don't sign him.

I agree with this sentiment.

However, considering the sheer class of DOL's previous two signings, I think this loan move will lower the bar a bit on our expectations (and consecuently excitement) for next season.

Now can anyone honestly say that they wish Villa had spent the same amount of money on the same players as them? I can't.

Yes I could we could add to our Laursen a say D'Allessandro, a wonder kid, a striker a damn sight better than Heskey!