Young For England?....No Not Ashley, Luke

Pacavelli

Well?  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• Yes
    • No

Johnson is better imo, as is Richards and Neville on form. Wes Brown is the new Phile Neville (only in the england team because he pays for United.) He isn't very good.

On current form however I'd say only Johnson is better than Young.

What?!

Richards is atrocious at Right back. He has NO attacking ability whatsoever! He's quick and he can header. He can't run with the ball, he has little to no technique, he can't cross and he often gets caught out of position.

Brown is no better than Young either. He's an okay centre back but he lacks the abilities of a good full back.

Glen Johnson is a good attacking fullback and I really rate him. Young is solid all round.

Richards is a better fit for the right back position than Johnson simply bacause he offers more defensively, which to Capello seems to be the be all and end all!

Young would be in the squad now had he played right back for us this season IMO!

Young is a very capable full back who has now proved that he can play on both the left and right. At a time when England do not have an outstanding international class right back Luke is as good as any. I would think that the only disadvantage that he has in comparison to Johnson and Richards is his age.

The thing is Brown can play in the middle as well so it's having 2 players in one selection.

Likewise Luke Young as a left back :) IMO he's worthy of a place as he's been in our most consistent performer, possibly Petrov aside.

The thing is Brown can play in the middle as well so it's having 2 players in one selection.

Likewise Luke Young as a left back :) IMO he's worthy of a place as he's been in our most consistent performer, possibly Petrov aside.

Agree completely L. Young is my favourite signing of the summer... has impressed me beyond belief- gone from me thinking 'oh im glad we got the RB position sorted but is he good enough?' to being certain that he is an amazing player and if he plays like this for the rest of the season will definately be the best purchase of the window IMO.

Would hate to be 'Boro losing him- class performer.

Glenn Johnson is the best right back for England at the moment, but not as solid at the back as Luke. In any case, you should have 2 players at each position in every squad, so Luke should be there without question, whether it be as starter or on the bench.

Well it looks like thats confirmed it then......Lets get the chant going

Plus just like it worked for Barry,Jagielka at Everton and Bullard when he was at Fulham,when fans start chanting "Whoever for England" clap clap clap clap...the it usually attracts attention..the commentator on the game highlights it..then it gets attention..i think it could be a great thing for us if Young got into the England fold again( correct me if im wrong i think he has 7 caps already???)...So lets get it going.

• 2 weeks later...

Faultless performance again from Young. More than deserves a recall to the England squad. Not only does he have a good case for being the starting right back, but now he has shown he is equally competent at left back he can be in as cover for A.Cole as Bridge has looked pretty average since signing for citeh.

Â