The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

Going down swinging. 

At its meeting today at 11 am (CEST), the Real Madrid C.F. Board of Directors unanimously agreed to initiate both civil and criminal legal action against the LaLiga President, Mr Javier Tebas Medrano, Mr Javier de Jaime Guijarro, head of the CVC Fund, and against the CVC Capital Partners SICAV-FIS Fund itself.

In addition, the Board of Directors has resolved to take any legal action it considers appropriate to annul and render ineffective any possible resolutions adopted by the LaLiga Assembly, due to be held on 12 August 2021, in relation to the agreement between LaLiga and the CVC Fund.

https://www.realmadrid.com/en/news/2021/08/10/official-announcement

On 10/08/2021 at 15:47, Jono62 said:

Should have stuck Braithwaite's face there.

Imagine saying 3-4 years ago a player like that would start the season as Barcelona's main forward.:crylaugh:He'd be third choice here behind Watkins and Ings!

Perhaps they'll just play Griezmann centrally. Going to be a laugh watching them this season I suspect.

Edited by VillaChris

On 10/08/2021 at 15:10, sne said:

Certainly no fan of Barca as a club or their hypocritical fan base but can kinda sympathize with them about this considering what we went through with Grealish.

640@60.jpg640@60.jpg

Why do they have Matty Cash on there?

On 12/08/2021 at 13:54, VillaChris said:

Going to be a laugh watching them this season I suspect.

Yeah they'll be shit with Griezmann, Ansu Fati and Depay up front, with Pedri, de Jong and Busquets behind them. What a shit team.

Yes they will not be the same without Messi, sold out their values long ago, rightly won't be favourites to win the league, and **** doesn't do justice to the way the club's been run. But they're hardly going to be a joke on the pitch.

1 minute ago, Troglodyte said:

Yeah they'll be shit with Griezmann, Ansu Fati and Depay up front, with Pedri, de Jong and Busquets behind them. What a shit team.

Yes they will not be the same without Messi, sold out their values long ago, rightly won't be favourites to win the league, and **** doesn't do justice to the way the club's been run. But they're hardly going to be a joke on the pitch.

Still not been allowed to register any of the new players, including Depay. And the deadline they set to Alba, Pique and Busquets to agree to lower wages expires today.

I'd imagine they will be allowed to register the players before the La Liga deadline some way but getting Alba and the likes to half their salaries might be tricky.

I expect they'll find a way to sort it. Wonder if Agüero will end up leaving though through some mutually agreed termination or contract clause. And even without Depay, they've still easily got a top 4 team.

Don't get me wrong, there would be a certain joy in watching all the major clubs across Europe implode - particularly the super league lot (but I'll absolutely throw PSG into that mix!) but it is sad all the same that Barcelona have become this after how amazing they were a few years ago (hence my avatar!) I loved watching that team to brighten up my footballing weekend slightly after the regular Villa defeats! They're so far removed from that now though in terms of identity and ethos.

• Like 1

Barça owes Messi 52 million euros. It is the part of the deferred salary that was agreed with the entire workforce due to the pandemic. The intention of the club is to pay these outstanding amounts between this year and 2022. One of them, and perhaps the most significant and important, is the money that Barça owes Messi: nothing more and nothing less than 52 million euros. As confirmed by SPORT from both Blaugrana sources and the player's environment, this figure corresponds to the deferred salary that was agreed with the entire squad due to the pandemic . As will be remembered, former president Josep Maria Bartomeu met with all the first team players to renegotiate their contracts when the competition was paralyzed during confinement. Bartomeu agreed to the deferred payment of an important part of the salaries, which in Messi's case amounts to 52 million euros

https://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/barca-le-debe-messi-52-52-millones-11988043

Real Madrid being forced to deny rumours that they've been looking into joining the Premier League.

They're still out there, with their massive mountain of debt and their massive sense of entitlement, ready to blow the game apart for the good of 'Los Merenegues'. 

• Like 1

Not sure I buy this, feels like they've made a deal with La Liga to get around the rules. All the numbers mentioned earlier from every source said that they'd need to do a whole lot more to be in line with the league rules.

This summer, FC Barcelona has achieved a number of sales and loans with regard to its senior squad that have meant that all of the players can be registered for the start of the 2021/22 season. Jean-Clair Todibo was sold for 8 million euro to OGC Nice, Junior Firpo went to Leeds United for 15 million, Trincao was loaned to Wolverhampton Wanderers for 6 million, Carles Aleñá was traded to Getafe for 5 million and Konrad De la Fuente left for Olympique Marseille in exchange for 3.5 million. The latter two operations were at 50% because they included the right to repurchase. In addition, Matheus Fernandes’ contract was terminated.

https://www.fcbarcelona.com/en/football/first-team/news/2215307/memphis-eric-garcia-and-rey-manaj-registered-for-la-liga

Since he (Aguero) is out injured until November I wonder if they'll just not bother registering him until after the new year? Probably not since they'll still have to pay his salary but who knows.

Â