The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

In Coutinho and Griezmann you can argue that they have nearly £250m of transfers and £800k a week in wages for players that they never even truly wanted but they bought to stay relevant, dembele I'll let off because on paper they overpaid but the transfer made sense, throw in his injury record though and that's 410m€ on those 3..how can that happen? 

Then you look at pique, alba, maybe busquets at times, all past their best and should be winding down the clock and looking to be replaced, instead they're still somehow key players and getting new long term contracts on mega money 

Then look at the scouting and purchases that they've done of younger developmental players, Arthur they moved on bizarrely due to FFP, there's about £100m worth of CBs who they've bought, failed and moved on in thr last couple of years, the likes of Trincao who they never really wanted, malcom, alcacer, paulinho, cillessen... They didn't need or want them yet paid £30m+ for them before selling them within 2 years 

Then they've got a load of youngsters who are coming through that they don't use properly, fati and pedri (didn't come through they bought him) will make it there but they've let about 5 decent LBs go, they don't use Puig or Moriba 

The whole set up is an absolute shit show, they've got just about everything wrong possible for 5 years now 

And that's before you get to the wages messi was supposedly on... Which I still don't believe, I think that's the previous chairman trying to point the finger for all the other shit they've got wrong 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Aguero now checking with lawyers if can get out  of his deal 😂😂

Potentially another blessing in disguise. Aguero kind of made sense as a stop gap to maybe win a couple more trophies for Messi, but makes no sense if you’re doing a proper rebuild. 

• Like 1

Barca need to spend a huge amount of money just on being able to open all of Camp Nou - it's not just the playing squad that's in bits, the ground is falling apart, the training facilities aren't up to scratch and they've let the best academy in the world fall behind.

No idea what this site is or if it's any reliable but this is trending on a Swedish Barca forum.

Barcelona 'attempt to block Lionel Messi's move to Paris Saint-Germain'

Barcelona have allegedly filed a complaint to the European Commission in the hope of blocking Lionel Messi's proposed move to Paris Saint-Germain on a free transfer.

The Catalan giants have been unable to sign Messi to a new contract this summer, and it is believed that the Argentina international is close to accepting a two-year deal at PSG.

However, Marca has reported that Barcelona are attempting to prevent the move from occurring, claiming that Financial Fair Play should make it impossible for the French giants to sign the free agent.

"PSG's ratio with regards to Financial Fair Play is worse than Barcelona's," allegedly reads the statement sent to the Court of Appeals by Dr. Juan Branco on behalf of Barcelona. "In 2019/20, 99% of PSG's income was used for salaries, whereas it was 54% for Barcelona."

https://amp.sportsmole.co.uk/football/man-utd/transfer-talk/news/barcelona-attempt-to-block-messis-move-to-psg_458657.html?utm_source=twitter_links&utm_medium=SMLigue1&utm_campaign=twitter

56 minutes ago, sne said:

but isn't the problem with La Liga's salary cap and that's why Messi is off?

Just now, Villaphan04 said:

but isn't the problem with La Liga's salary cap and that's why Messi is off?

That's why they can't register him or any new players yes.

• Like 1

Remember when Ronaldo left Real Madrid and they started to see 20,000 to 30,000 empty seats for their home games.

I wonder if the same will happen to Barcelona now (just to compound their financial woes).

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Remember when Ronaldo left Real Madrid and they started to see 20,000 to 30,000 empty seats for their home games.

I wonder if the same will happen to Barcelona now (just to compound their financial woes).

i would guess yes, mainly due to football tourism in general being down as covid still has an impact let alone the no messi factor 

7 hours ago, sne said:

Aguero out injured until late Oct early Nov :)

Sign a known crock just to appease a player you can't afford to keep. 

Who is running Barca behind the scenes? Xia and Wyness?! 

• Like 1

Just now, Xela said:

Sign a known crock just to appease a player you can't afford to keep. 

Who is running Barca behind the scenes? Xia and Wyness?! 

Bartomeu was arguably worse than those two. 

the story of bartomeu is crazy, he's from a rich family, became mates with laporta and was part of his original team, he was head of basketball, then rosells right hand man, when rosell got booted out for corruption following the neymar case he automatically took over in a position that he was no way shape or form qualified or experienced for, he was also incredibly lucky to not get done too as part of the neymar case, he was arrested but got away with it on appeal and didnt stand trial i think but he's now in the shit again on corruption charges using barca money to pay for private firms to attack detractors on social media etc, i dont know for sure if the supposed leaking of messi's contract was part of that but id guess it is so i wouldnt trust that leak as far as i can throw it

he's apparently now living in the UK and running to be a tory MP, expect him to be education secretary by the end of the year

• Haha 1

Latest rumor is that Barca and Messi are negotiating again which would sugges that CVC has told Tebas to allow them to cheat the rules some more.

Also another rumor that Man U are now in for Messi. Wouldn't trust either rumor but there it is.

I wouldn’t exactly be shocked if Messi somehow still was a Barca player after all, when all is said and done. 

One would hope La Liga don’t give Barca, or perhaps rather Messi, their usual special treatment here though. 

Â