The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

26 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Apparently Messi wont be allowed to be registered until January even if he signs his contract

I’ll believe that when I see it. 

(Not shooting the messenger.) 

Edited by El Zen
  • Like 3

On 22/07/2021 at 23:08, Zatman said:

How is it not? Match fixing is a game or two, financially cheating the system is a season 

I think Bartomeu easily deserves some sort of criminal action.  He ran the club as recklessly as one of those Ponzi scheme rocket polishers.

2 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I think Bartomeu easily deserves some sort of criminal action.  He ran the club as recklessly as one of those Ponzi scheme rocket polishers.

Pretty much, was like a kid playing Football Manager or Tony Xia. Losing Neymar really made them need an ego signing. Griezmann, Dembele, Coutinho were terrible choices

Like a shitty Galacticos policy

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

Pretty much, was like a kid playing Football Manager or Tony Xia. Losing Neymar really made them need an ego signing. Griezmann, Dembele, Coutinho were terrible choices

Like a shitty Galacticos policy

This is one of the downsides of fan ownership. He was only in power because he was voted in, he was desperate to keep the fans happy so promised big name signings that they couldn't afford. 

Most fans lose their heads when it comes to stuff like this and want to hear 'latest fashionable big name is joining to win us trophies' rather than 'we're skint so no signings this summer, in fact we might sell someone'. 

59 minutes ago, sne said:

Long read.

Years and years of underhand tactics, openly tapping up players like Coutinho, Griezmann from clubs and the fans feeling arrogance believing its their right to win the CL. Mortgaging their future, buying players for 120 million then crying at the English clubs for spending money. 

Presidential elections creating spoilt brat fans. "Elect me and I'll sign <insert name of popular young player>". Then begins a cycle of tapping up players, transfer requests and mortgaging 100s millions of euros to appease the fans. 

Also, I genuinely believe back in the late 00's there was match fixing involved in some cases (Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, many R Madrid games etc).

I can't lie, it's great to see them suffer. 

Edited by pas5898
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

Years and years of underhand tactics, openly tapping up players like Coutinho, Griezmann from clubs and the fans feeling arrogance believing its their right to win the CL. Mortgaging their future, buying players for 120 million then crying at the English clubs for spending money. 

Presidential elections creating spoilt brat fans. "Elect me and I'll sign <insert name of popular young player>". Then begins a cycle of tapping up players, transfer requests and mortgaging 100s millions of euros to appease the fans. 

Also, I genuinely believe back in the late 00's there was match fixing involved in some cases (Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, many R Madrid games etc).

I can't lie, it's great to see them suffer. 

That Chelsea 2009 game should have been investigated it was openly corrupt, i used to like watching Barcelona then and that game was when i started to get sour from them

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Genie said:

Drogba was right, that game was an absolute disgrace.

The comeback against PSG absolutely stunk too.

In fairness I think PSG just shit the bed that night

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

In fairness I think PSG just shit the bed that night

That’s also true, but Suarez dive in the 90th minute was worse than Sterling’s in the Euros. Should never have been given.

Messi not to continue with Barca according to their official site.

Leo Messi not staying at FC Barcelona

Despite FC Barcelona and Lionel Messi having reached an agreement and the clear intention of both parties to sign a new contract today, this cannot happen because of financial and structural obstacles (Spanish Liga regulations).

As a result of this situation, Messi shall not be staying on at FC Barcelona. Both parties deeply regret that the wishes of the player and the club will ultimately not be fulfilled.

FC Barcelona wholeheartedly expresses its gratitude to the player for his contribution to the aggrandisement of the club and wishes him all the very best for the future in his personal and professional life.

https://www.fcbarcelona.com/en/football/first-team/news/2207655/leo-messi-not-staying-at-fc-barcelona 

Edited by sne

Â