The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

17 hours ago, Zatman said:

Barcelona are complaining that PSG keep mentioning Messi every week in the media. I hope they kept a straight face when coming up with that statement 

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Classic example of a club who are perfectly happy to tap up opposition players but can't take it when they are on the wrong end.   I remember their pursuit of Cesc Fabregas when they'd get Xavi, Iniesta and  Puyol to put a Barcelona shirt on Fabregas when he was on international duty: 

image.jpeg.2ec4dc7a3f61adadd19373be0f3ec04c.jpeg

They've done it loads of times since, and Koeman has been talking Memphis Depay all this season.  

• 3 weeks later...

Presidential election at Barcelona the upcoming weekend. Meawhile ex pres Bartomeu and a few other leading figures has been arrested by Katalan police after a raid at Camp Nou. 

More to follow...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sne said:

Presidential election at Barcelona the upcoming weekend. Meawhile ex pres Bartomeu and a few other leading figures has been arrested by Katalan police after a raid at Camp Nou. 

More to follow...

I just came on to post this.  I wonder if the whole house of cards is about to collapse. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I just came on to post this.  I wonder if the whole house of cards is about to collapse. 

I think they are in massive trouble. Any other club and they could be bailed out by the owners or a new owner but this is a member owned club, are they willing to give that up and sell to Qatar or some American?

They will be saved somehow but I think they need the new Super League to pay off their debts long term. Problem is a lot of it is money that has to be repaid this year.

Can't see UEFA having the balls to ban them from the CL but if they do then they are in even bigger trouble.

20 minutes ago, sne said:

I think they are in massive trouble. Any other club and they could be bailed out by the owners or a new owner but this is a member owned club, are they willing to give that up and sell to Qatar or some American?

They will be saved somehow but I think they need the new Super League to pay off their debts long term. Problem is a lot of it is money that has to be repaid this year.

Can't see UEFA having the balls to ban them from the CL but if they do then they are in even bigger trouble.

Mayve the Catalan government can bail them out 😜

• Like 1

I dont watch much now. But Luiz Suarez seems to have such an effect on every club he joins. If we had him at Villa,  we'd be fighting for the title. Great great player, not ranked alongside Messi and Ronaldo but should be for what he brings to a club. 

10 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I dont watch much now. But Luiz Suarez seems to have such an effect on every club he joins. If we had him at Villa,  we'd be fighting for the title. Great great player, not ranked alongside Messi and Ronaldo but should be for what he brings to a club. 

I would be disgusted to have a player like Suarez at Villa no matter how talented he is. Im not exactly keen on Terry working for Villa but Suarez a lot worse

37 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I would be disgusted to have a player like Suarez at Villa no matter how talented he is. Im not exactly keen on Terry working for Villa but Suarez a lot worse

So would you have liked it if Villa gad signed Maradonna. 

54 minutes ago, Zatman said:

everything would be ok because he would be our rat

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Dont remember Maradona racially abusing or multiple bite attacks on the pitch

He was accused of racism and he was on coke and also was a blatent cheat, which although hes now gone many englishmen will never forgive him for, so out the two I would rather have Suarez. 

Edited by PaulC

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

accused. Suarez was guilty its a big difference

No smoke without fire. Anyway when he played nobody complained about racist behaviour so who knows.

Edited by PaulC

Â