The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

Ramos is a good manager. He did wonders with Sivilia and watching their matches was a lot of fun.

He did only one mistake, though. He signed for Spuds. Even Redknapp is having troubles lifting them and they still look like sh*t. I think that with the current management, only Sir Alex can save them...

• 3 weeks later...

Normal service has resumed it seems. Barcelona win 6-0 this weekend. Henry, Messi and Eto'o (2) score again. Thats 84 goals in 28 games in La Liga.

Three wins on the spin without conceding a goal since the Espanyol and Athletico results.

Real Madrid have won 13 of their last 14 in La Liga though. Ramos is working wonders there. Huntelaar looks like a good signing, six goals in his last five games.

I usually go with the underdogs, so in most cases I support Barcelona's rivals... I have to say that I found it disturbing to see a top-half team such as Malaga (they were 7th, if I remember correctly) being wiped aside by Barcelona. It was like Barcelona were playing the bottom club here in Israel. So easy. They scored 6 and if goal difference was of any importance - they could score 6 more.

I usually go with the underdogs, so in most cases I support Barcelona's rivals... I have to say that I found it disturbing to see a top-half team such as Malaga (they were 7th, if I remember correctly) being wiped aside by Barcelona. It was like Barcelona were playing the bottom club here in Israel. So easy. They scored 6 and if goal difference was of any importance - they could score 6 more.

Similarities to a certain Premier League game then. :|

Real Madrid have won 13 of their last 14 in La Liga though. Ramos is working wonders there. Huntelaar looks like a good signing, six goals in his last five games.

The Huntelaar form being a reason why in the games v Plop they, Real, were not good.

And Real are still only 6 pts behind them!! That's not bad for a poor side.

Like I said Huntelaar is making a big difference to you, similar to how Torres or Gerrard are to you. Take one of those out for a big 2 legger and see how you do.

Spanish segunda division.

The team at the top of the table, Xerez Club Deportivo were in the news this weekend.

Seems their president decided to go whoring in the small hours, but wasnt allowed in the local brothel. He had an argument with the man on the door and got a bit of a kicking. Pride hurt, he did the obvious thing and went home to get his gun. Drive by shooting time!

(link)

Spanish segunda division.

The team at the top of the table, Xerez Club Deportivo were in the news this weekend.

Seems their president decided to go whoring in the small hours, but wasnt allowed in the local brothel. He had an argument with the man on the door and got a bit of a kicking. Pride hurt, he did the obvious thing and went home to get his gun. Drive by shooting time!

(link)

Uh-oh... we have our next "Ripped from the Headlines!" episode of Law & Order :D

• 4 weeks later...
Â