The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

3 hours ago, sne said:

New Barcelona crest, it's a bit boring. Looks very Pro-Evo but I imagine it's very suited for printing on stuff for the tourists.

barcelona-crest-new.png

Here's the old one

Bildresultat för barcelona club crest

It's better tbh. Less Black keylines is always a bonus and it's use across various media will be better (simple is good particularly in the digital age).

• Like 1

On 28/09/2018 at 13:15, sne said:

Could potentially go in the "modern football is rubbish" thread as well as the reason seem to be that this new badge will be easier to shrink and expand when printing and putting on merch.

Less detail and less black edges.

Edit: Perhaps @NurembergVillan could confirm or rubbish this claim?

I'd expect it's a pretty accurate reason as to why they've changed.  Social media avatars etc too.  Look at how much simpler the new Juve badge is too.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Meanwhile things at Real are going great.

Selling Ronaldo and hoping Benzema who has scored 16 league goals in the last 2 seasons combined along with perma crock Bale could fill his scoring boots has left them with their longest spell without scoring in club history (116 years)

With Lopetegui waiting to get sacked Sergio Ramos has had a meltdown in training and almost going postal on a kid from the junior team training with them.

Desperate to the point they are looking at signing Zlatan in January.

56 minutes ago, sne said:

With Lopetegui waiting to get sacked Sergio Ramos has had a meltdown in training and almost going postal on a kid from the junior team training with them.

another social media easily offended thing. the kid hit him with an exuberent elbow and Ramos just kicked the ball at him and missed by about 3 metres

I suppose its Ramos so he is an evil man. Worst things happen on other training grounds

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

another social media easily offended thing. the kid hit him with an exuberent elbow and Ramos just kicked the ball at him and missed by about 3 metres

I suppose its Ramos so he is an evil man. Worst things happen on other training grounds

From the video it doesn't look like he hit him at all, maybe displaced a hair at most.

2 minutes ago, sne said:

From the video it doesn't look like he hit him at all, maybe displaced a hair at most.

he got him on the nose though with no force. It really was nothing and as said worse things happen on other training grounds in Europe

• Like 1

Just now, Zatman said:

he got him on the nose though with no force. It really was nothing and as said worse things happen on other training grounds in Europe

Understandable these things happen at Real atm as they are under enormous pressure.

Ramos being captain probably has the most pressure of all players.

BTW I really quite like Ramos, right up the as one of the best defenders in the last 20 years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

With Lopetegui waiting to get sacked...

He won't have had a good few months will he?

Threw away his chance to manage Spain at the world cup to take the Real job, and then gets sacked from said job after 2 months of the season :D 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

He won't have had a good few months will he?

Threw away his chance to manage Spain at the world cup to take the Real job, and then gets sacked from said job after 2 months of the season :D 

Haha yeah, poor guy.

It's windy at the top.  Although he's probably getting a kings ransom if he's sacked.

the worst thing about it is that arguably over the last 2/3 years they've quietly assembled a good young team, scouting well and doing things "right" but a lot of them dont get games and will no doubt get even less now, ceballos has played a fair bit this season and got his chance, borja mayoral, vallejo etc not getting a sniff and i would lazily guess when they get the overhaul thats coming they will go back to spending hundreds of millions rather than developing players

32 minutes ago, sne said:

Haha yeah, poor guy.

It's windy at the top.  Although he's probably getting a kings ransom if he's sacked.

Oh he's probably made an absolute fortune in the past 6 months just from getting sacked!

But in football terms it's not gone well

• Like 1

Â