The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

Wonderful for Betis to finally win in the Derbi Sevillano, first time in 5 years.

And another 2 assist for Betis legend Joaquin.

Been following Betis since the early 90's and the derbi is always a great game., shame I missed this particular one. Still great win.

On a side note I really hate players getting yellow and red cards for celebrating goals with their fans. Diego Costa might be a bell end, but getting sent off for that, I don't like it. 

10 minutes ago, sne said:

On a side note I really hate players getting yellow and red cards for celebrating goals with their fans. Diego Costa might be a bell end, but getting sent off for that, I don't like it. 

Think refs hate giving yellow cards for that as well. They always look pissed and then they are the ones who get the blame when just following the rules

• Like 1

Real 16 points behind Barca now after losing at home to Villareal.

Zidane better hope he can win the Champions League for a 3rd consecutive time, otherwise he'll be gone.

Rumors the are looking at Joggi Löw, with Zidane going to Juve.

52 minutes ago, sne said:

Real 16 points behind Barca now after losing at home to Villareal.

Zidane better hope he can win the Champions League for a 3rd consecutive time, otherwise he'll be gone.

Rumors the are looking at Joggi Löw, with Zidane going to Juve.

I don’t reckon even the UCL will save his job, to be that far behind Barca will get him fired I expect.

On 1/7/2018 at 13:27, sne said:

They have to have something to try to stop it because when a player runs over to the fans there's usually a crush of people trying to celebrate with him or touch him. That crush can lead to injuries especially for kids/old people. Someone had their leg broken because the players celebrated with the fans at a united hull game.

Edited by villa89

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Barca struggling in San Sebastian yet again, 2-1 down coming up to half time.

They haven't won in the league at the Anoeta since 2007.

Turned it around in the 2nd half. Now 19 points ahead of Real. 

Ronaldo kicked in his head against Depor, hopefully it will not effect his future acting career and modeling jobs.

7bccb501-8a73-4958-96f0-dc3ce4d1667d?fit=crop&h=859&w=1100&s=f8e13697b5013e4f4ae08f71a821f596857876c0

Edit: Oh yeah, Real won 7 - 1 and Ronaldo scored a brace.

Edited by sne

• 2 weeks later...

Do we finally have something resembling a title race? Barca without losing have been shown signs of weakness in recent weeks vs Sociedad, Alaves and today at Espanyol and 9 points isnt that much with the Chelsea Champions League games coming up for Barca they will want rest big names

• 3 weeks later...

Pretty funny clip of Suarez desperately trying to get a yellow card and suspension so he doesn't have to go to Las Palmas next week and risk getting a yellow card there meaning he would miss the important game against Atletico Madrid.

Loads of attempts from him during the end of the game, pretty amazing really. He spent the last 5 minutes of the game on this. Blatant display.

Can't find the full clip sadly

Jordi Alba did accomplish this mission by getting himself a card in the 86th minute and gave the ref a thumbs up.

The ref got wise of the situation and refused to give one to Suarez, thou not for lack of trying.

Disgusting club.

Edited by sne

Â