Post Holiday Letdown...

AVFCLaura

Are you experiencing Post Holiday Let Down?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Are you experiencing Post Holiday Let Down?

• Yes, I am not enjoying being back into my routine.
    • No, I am happy Christmas & New Year are over.

The Christmas and New Year holidays are all about sensory overload which also takes some getting used to, but once you learn to revel in the festivities, it can be a hard journey back to the day-to-day activities that a regular schedule offers.

I don't know if any of you are finding this, but I certainly am. Christmas and New Year are such romantic, relaxing and enjoyable breaks, filled with over indulgence of the highest order.

If you are someone who feels overwhelmed by the let down of January, you are not alone...

These holidays can also be a lonely or sad time for people, so maybe the people who are positively glowing this January are those happy to be back into the daily routine.

:?: Which side of the fence do you fall?

Are you happy that you are past your seasonal depression? Or are you struggling with moving from the fantasy back to the reality?

I think I'd stick a sharp object through my scrotum if it meant I could have another holiday from owrk.

Actually, that probably would get me some time off work.

Be right back...

I always get a touch of SAD from about October onwards until the first blooms of spring just seem to become more lethargic in the winter months ..

I always find it hard to get back into the swing of work after any holiday though even in the summer ,

I've managed to start the New Year by getting back down the Gym and i'm now currently 9 days Diet coke / Pepsi Max free (used to drink about 2 litres a day of the stuff) so kinda feeling good with myself at present

I ascribe it more to cabin fever than anything else. It tends to last too long to really be tied to the holidays, and it's not a seasonal affective thing, since I don't notice any real change in my mood during a long spell of dark, gray weather.

I should probably have some http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n54wvBOMeT8, but rum and posting on VT don't seem to go together....

I could happily have gone on "Christmassing" indefinitely, but the effect on my liver and stomach would not have been good.

Pissed off being at work, but at least staring to feel a bit fitter as I get back into the running more seriously.

I've worked here for 9 months and one of the managers just came into my office to ask for a report, the phone rang as he was in here and I just answered it with my previous company name - THAT is how much I am still in holiday mode. Oh god please can the weekend hurry up... :)

And yes, yes I am blonde. (Before Nayson reminds me...)

I've worked here for 9 months and one of the managers just came into my office to ask for a report, the phone rang as he was in here and I just answered it with my previous company name - THAT is how much I am still in holiday mode. Oh god please can the weekend hurry up... :)

And yes, yes I am blonde. (Before Nayson reminds me...)

Would it help to let you know that I'm still in bed relaxing whilst watching the transfer news on SSN. It's a hard life :P

I ascribe it more to cabin fever than anything else. It tends to last too long to really be tied to the holidays, and it's not a seasonal affective thing, since I don't notice any real change in my mood during a long spell of dark, gray weather.

I should probably have some http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n54wvBOMeT8, but rum and posting on VT don't seem to go together....

Should probably add that I'm one of the unlucky feckers who had to be on-call for most of the holiday period...

Hate the month of January, and full of the doom and gloom you get after Christmas.

Probably won't cheer up until April, really cannot stand the first 3 months of the new year.

Imagine if we were still working off the April-March calendar...

Better to begin the year on a low and end on a high than begin on a meh and end on a low, IMO.

I voted 'Yes', as I had loads of stuff going on over Christmas and now I am back in my old 'routine', so as things stand I have NOTHING planned for 2009. I mean, really nothing: I'm not working, have no holidays booked, no visits to/from friends arranged etc. I guess it's time for me to find something interesting to do with my life, that will hopefully pay for my inflated aspirations, yet allow me to grow spiritually and do something useful for society.

Â