General Krulak (part 2) and *STILL NO TRANSFER QUESTIONS*

LancsVillan

Hi General

Just to echo a few other thoughts. I think it is outrageous that any fan who went to Sunderland, even those without a previous booking history or a season ticket can get a ticket ahead of me for the quarter finals...I couldn't make Sunderland because of work commitments yet those get priority? Whatever happened to rewarding fan loyalty? Free travel was a great gesture but doesn't mean you have to give them priority too...it is a MASSIVE mistake and may result in me missing out on a quarter final ticket.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey general krulak! im 1st time poster to you but long time admirer of the work you do here!

im from ireland i get over to about 4games a season usually about 3/4 of us travel, there is 10 of us villa fans that allways watch the games 2geter and we"v booked flights to travel to the home game v man unt, was wondering would it be possible to get 10 seats 2geter in holte end lower if possible?

Hi General

Just to echo a few other thoughts. I think it is outrageous that any fan who went to Sunderland, even those without a previous booking history or a season ticket can get a ticket ahead of me for the quarter finals...I couldn't make Sunderland because of work commitments yet those get priority? Whatever happened to rewarding fan loyalty? Free travel was a great gesture but doesn't mean you have to give them priority too...it is a MASSIVE mistake and may result in me missing out on a quarter final ticket.

Agreed, i dont post on here very often, but i felt the need to when i heard about the arrangements for the portsmouth game. I have a season ticket and have been to about 30 away games (inc friendlies) in the past season and a bit... i live in bournemouth so have rack up thousands of miles a season... yet somebody who went to sunderland (due to the free coach travel and a cheap ticket price) but has no other away games or a season ticket gets priority over me! this surely flies in the face of the logic of rewarding loyalty

General Krulak here:

1. K-2Harcore, TrentVilla, and all others. BELIEVE ME, your concerns have been heard. I have talked to Nicky Keye at length and she has assured me that EVERYONE who wants a ticket is going to be able to get a ticket. The timing of the sales had EVERYTHING to do with multiple ticketing that we have had to do over the 10 day period...not counting the normal ticketing that we do in advance of upcoming games. To keep the phones from being overloaded and to keep the lines down, we set the sales as indicated. We checked before the decision was made and the VAST MAJORITY of the Fans who travelled to Sunderland frequently attend away games. We are not going to have Fans unable to get tickets. We will be able to handle this...please do not worry. If you run into any problems, please contact Nicky Keye at ticketing and she will sort it for you.

2. Paddy: Great to hear from you...I hope and pray that all is well. You know my answer, please contact Nicky and she will take care of this.

3. granville: Randy is NOT a jedi....but he is a good man. Notice that he did not go out to the media...he met, alone, with just a couple of fans. He met with these two specifically because they represent a large number of the most passionate of Browns Fans. It was a quiet, serious, meeting to discuss the issues that the Fans have...and they came away understanding and appreciating the issues in Cleveland. What we all need to realize is that Randy does not "do the media thing"...he just doesn't. We may well have him write a few thoughts at the end of the year but nothing "glitzy" and nothing in the multi-media mode.

4. seanireland: Again, call Nicky. Just understand you are talking about the ManU game and 10 seats together in lower Holte...pretty tough.

hey gen,

1st time poster here, followed this thread from the start, excellent p.r. letting you loose with the fans!! anyway just a quick question,

If and when there is a need to appoint a new manager, ( please dont let me put ideas in you head though, very happy with the current incumbent ) who would make the decision, would it be down to Randy or would anyone else have input?? im talking about releaving a person of his position and also choosing the next victim, sorry manager.

In relation to the Pompey Cup tickets, when I got in from work , I had a message on my answering machine from Villa to say that as a ST holder and away scheme member who has been to all away games (except Sunderland in the Cup!!!) so far this season, there was a new window in place to ensure that we would get a ticket if we wanted one - up to 5.00 on Monday. Maybe the concerns voiced here have been addressed - well done Villa.

General Krulak here:

1. Hey: As I indicated, we DO listen to the Fans!! Nicky was on this at the onset and has continued to assure me that everyone will get a ticket that wants one.

2. dazzyc: Obviously, as the owner of the Club, Randy would not delegate such an important decision. He would take input but he would make the decision. This is no different from any other Club.

Sir our marketing is just not working as good as it should.

Just got back another trip to South Africa. As you can imagine the whole country is starting to get ready for the world cup and football merchandise is everywhere. Looking in various shops out there, you see all the world cup things and a lot of shirts etc for English based clubs. I saw loads of Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City, Everton, West Ham, even small heath and Newcastle plus loads of others - but not one Villa thing. They are expecting 100's of thousands of football fans from around the world to visit and the merchandise market will be massive.

Even getting back to the UK it's a struggle to get any Villa things in places like Sheffiled - which is not exactly a million miles from VP.

General Krulak here:

1. drat01: Thanks for the input. Obviously marketing in South Africa or London is very important to us. Equally obvious is that we must count on Nike to ensure that our shirts are made available thru their stores and others. No PL Club or any Club for that matter distributes kit from their own stores...they do it thru the folks who make the kit. I will talk to John Greenfield about this...and he can take it up with Nike. We definitely want to get our kit across the Nation and the World.

General Krulak here:

1. A very nice game to watch on the telly. 38,000+ fans made a HUGE amount of noise and obviously helped fire up the lads. Some solid play all around. Cuellar is quietly imposing himself in a significant way...lots of contenders for MOTM.

General, I hope Mon watches the game till 4am this morning and finally realises Stan Petrov is not needed....look at the Peace Cup results with Petrov in and Petrov out in a 4-4-2. Look at least year's results with Petrov in a 4-4-2. Look at the results this year in 4-4-2 with Petrov, few decent wins but overall poor.

NRC and Sidwell proved today like the peace cup then they are in a 4-4-2, we have far more balance to the side.

General, good to see such a good attendance today especially as Bolton only bought about 500 fans. I am a season ticket holder and have been for over 20 years but I think it is important to keep match day ticket prices as cheap as possible for lets say less glamorous games. Some of the offers you had today showed that if the pricing is right the attendances will be high even during these difficult times for many financially.

Gen,

Noticed people saying about S.Africa not having Villa shirts on sale. Thats obviously a biggie with the World Cup just around the corner, however, Just to let you know, the NIKE shop in Prague has Villa shirts on sale. Hopefully put a positive spin on it for you.

Great result today!!

Dear General;

The poppy on our shirts today looked FANTASTIC. The Kitman did a great job and the size, design and placing of the poppy on the shirt was very well done. Slightly off-topic... but can I ask where you're currently living in America whilst you're recovering from your illness and will we be seeing you down at Villa Park before the New Year?

General Krulak here:

1. No, the Browns are not being sold...and 180M pounds would be about 700 million pounds shy of the asking price if they were to be sold. The Browns will be fine...we have some work to do, obviously, but they will be fine. There is a good nucleus of players and they will use this week off to try and get some things sorted. Randy has some good folks working on this issue...along with him. Bottom Line: NO sale.

2. I am currently in Wilmington Delaware but will be driving down to Naple Florida this weekend. I am pretty much restricted from flying at this time. I would hope to make it over to Villa Park before Christmas.

General,

Who do you suggest I report someone for using racially abusive language to the club please. Basically my partner and I heard someone shout out to the linesman - Paki Git - and I checked and they heard it from the same person I did - and although I don't have a seat number I can give the row number and because it was end of aisle, I'm sure it shouldn't be difficult for Villa to work out what the number is.

Thanks.