General Krulak (part 2) and *STILL NO TRANSFER QUESTIONS*

LancsVillan

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Krulak here:

1. It would be very tough to make a solid indication of the value of acorns on our kit....simply because of the impact of the economy makes for any comparison to be less than accurate. What we do know is that acorns is VERY happy with the arrangement and believes it has helped them significantly during this "down time" economically. ALL charities are huring right now so our partnership is even more important to acorns.

2. The acorns logo we used is what acorns wanted us to use...simple as that.

3. There is not a major kit maker that I am aware of that doesn't outsource in a similar manner to Nike. I think that to believe otherwise is to have your head in the sand. That does not make this sort of thing "right"...but it is a fact. I am not sure where we would go and find someone who could produce thousands of kits and articles of clothing at the price we see...and not have much of it done off-shore. Obviously Nike is aware of this problem and is working the issue.

general,(apologies in advance this is going to be a whinge) myself and two friends are season ticket holders in the lower holte and have been fore years. We have attened away games regularly throughout the season. For our swansong we paid fr tickets to go to the Fulham game SAT 9th MAy. the amount was deducted from my friends account on val 23rd APR 09.

-

My friend contacted the ticket office today as we are still not in receipt of the tickets for sat's game. The ticket office/customer services advised there is no record of this transaction and asked my friend to check the account from which he paid for the tickets. On the 1st May there is a credit in refund.

-

no one could explain what has happened and this is inexcusable. we have paid for travel and overnight accomadation with the sole purpose of watching the mighty claret n blue.

-

can you point us in the direction of someone who wil get to the bottom of this debacle for us. We are unable to attend the game now as its a sell out and all our allocation has been taken. i look forward to any forthcoming response, regards.

General Krulak here:

1. GERARDSACOQ: I have already spoken to Nicky Keye...please contact her at the Villa Park ticket office...she will be waiting for your call.

2. Villa_1874: There has been no decision re. several sites for Olympic Soccer Venue...as soon as a decision is made, it will be announced.

Hi General,

I have an update on the Supporters Club flags which went missing from the Holte End Upper balcony after our home game with CSKA Moscow back in February.

Unfortunately the flags never surfaced despite the efforts of the Express & Star who ran a piece on my behalf the following Saturday and by members of the club, in particular Alan Perrins.

I would like to express my sincere heartfelt thanks to Alan and the club for all their efforts and to inform you that Alan arranged for replacements which I took dellivery of (mine tri-colour with club crest in middle and B6 Company/Keep The Faith logos) last week.

As I expressed in my original PM to you, I did NOT hold the club responsible and really didn't expect anything in return only the assistance to try to find the culprits. So I have to say that I am delighted and very thankful to Alan & the Club with the outcome.

I still however feel totally gutted and disappointed that a so called 'fellow Villa Fan' would, on the face of it, take from one of their own especially when the club had already provided them with a 'FREE' flag upon entrance to the stadium.

Please pass on my sincere thanks.

Regards,

Simon.

UTV - KEEP THE FAITH

General,

Any feedback on the suggestion previously made about opening up one of the Hospitality Suites in the Trinity Road Stand for the forthcoming Reserves 'Final' versus Sunderland for season card holders on a first-come first-served basis? Thanks.

Hi General,

I have an update on the Supporters Club flags which went missing from the Holte End Upper balcony after our home game with CSKA Moscow back in February.

Unfortunately the flags never surfaced despite the efforts of the Express & Star who ran a piece on my behalf the following Saturday and by members of the club, in particular Alan Perrins.

I would like to express my sincere heartfelt thanks to Alan and the club for all their efforts and to inform you that Alan arranged for replacements which I took dellivery of (mine tri-colour with club crest in middle and B6 Company/Keep The Faith logos) last week.

As I expressed in my original PM to you, I did NOT hold the club responsible and really didn't expect anything in return only the assistance to try to find the culprits. So I have to say that I am delighted and very thankful to Alan & the Club with the outcome.

That is fantastic, and shows what a brilliant club we now have.

Shame about the lowlifes that stole the flags though, they are a disgrace

General, we are sorted and off to Fulham...thank you to yourself and your team Nicky Keye may i add is a testament to good proper customer service. so thanks again....you are the villa version of jim'll fix it-to be known from now on as GENERALFIXIT :D !!!

Please promise me our fans will never be given those 'clapper' things, just watching the Preston game and they look and sound bloody ridiculous!

I second this, all it says is: "We can't create an atmosphere of our own so we need these to generate noise". The atmosphere at Villa Park this year has in the main been great, clappers are the last thing we need...We're not Small Heath Alliance!

i agree... if you cannot shout, cheer, clap, etc, without one of those things, then you dont deserve to be at a live game...

its not like they actually generate any noise either...

most irritating thing in football since robbie savage...

Hi General

I'm coming to the end of my time at college and I'll have to find a job, can I play for Villa? I have no cardiovascular fitness to speak of but I do have a lot of determination and can play at in defence! If not then maybe I can assist MON with my managerial skills, I guided Villa to 12 consecutive European Cups on Championship Manager 2003/04.

But seriously, how would I get a good job with Aston Villa?

Also, I have asked before but you had more important questions to answer, but I have got the "Villa on a Plate" book and I wanted to know, what is your favourite meal or dessert?

Thanks General!

General Krulak here:

1. T13theobh: I am glad things worked out but also remain disappointed (like many on this site) that the flag would have been taken. No excuse for something like that.

2. stevenjos: I have forwarded your issue to Alison Plant and she will be looking into it. Let me know if it improve3.

3. parrotandglue: A classic! The loss of Laursen has been dearly felt.

General, I expect the best time to analyse the season properly will be when it's all over and everything has calmed down. But I do hope that behind the scenes at the club, our long unbeaten run in the middle of season will be put its proper perspective, that is, seen in the light of the dreadful run which followed it. Even when we were winning, game after game the opposition saw more of the ball than us, we were sloppy in possession, we were often camped in our own half and we enjoyed massive slices of luck. Everton, West Ham, Hull, West Brom, Sunderland, Portsmouth, on another day wouldn't just have beaten us, they would have beaten us soundly.

I remember after Slavia Prague hearing MON say how good we had been. Whilst we had worked hard, they had absolutely battered us without reward. I hoped that away from the cameras he would get real about some of our "splendid", "terrific", "exhilarating" single goal, nail-bitingly fortunate wins, but the latter third of the season has shown that he has not.

Every fan thinks he or she knows the answers, but seriously, so many fair-minded people are questioning why it is that we lack balance at the back, are consistently over-run in midfield, have wingers who can't beat the first man or who put the SAME corner/free-kick into the box everytime. Half the team can't pass the ball, and the other half can't control the ball so passing is never an issue for them. Those who have suggested on this forum that the squad is split between those who can't do wrong (even when they're badly out of form) and those can't do right may be onto something. The tactics, the shape of the team, the SUBSTITUTIONS and the reshuffles arising from them.....well, put it this way, I'm now at the stage where anger doesn't do it for me anymore. I'm choosing to laugh.

I'm not a fan who thinks we have to choose between being a MON "believer" or a committed critic. Like all managers, he has his good and bad points. But it will take a lot to convince me that he can ever take us beyond 5th. I want him to succeed, I want him to ram these words down my throat. So in that sense I am a "believer". But I cannot see it. For the sake of balance, let me say that I love the way the club is run, I like MON as a man, and in many respects as a manager, very much, and I am thankful for Randy every time I stroll past the Holte mosaics and stained glass windows, the new modern statement of Aston Villa's enduring greatness.

general,just got back from the fulham game the boys didnt put 100% today dont think the manager did niether fans fighting between themselves, how much more are we the fans going to take?yes we are 5th your going to say but believe me we are punching above our weight our defence is a shambles next season im not looking foward to at all many of the people i know are not renewing the season tickets and who can blame them i just hope that you and randy have not got to close to mon ,he has spent badly and playing awful football im sorry to say there is unrest now with the fans not with randy and the board but the manager

I'd just like to add, General, that the above post is no more an accurate representation of the fans true feelings than it is an accurate representation of the English language.

We've progressed this season, and whilst this run has been awful (and we've not just been unlucky, we've been really poor for most of it), it has been a good season nonetheless. Hopefully next season we can get up a head of steam once more but this time have the squad to sustain the push. If at first you don't succeed and so on, but I feel next season is absolutely vital.

I hope Randy, yourself and the rest of the team can see this and are as cautiously optimistic as I am for the future of the football club.

Up the Villa!

General,

We finished 6th last season, say we finish 5th this season, what are the board's objectives for next season realistically? And what if MON doesn't meet Randy's expectations next year?