General Krulak (part 2) and *STILL NO TRANSFER QUESTIONS*

LancsVillan

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still have faith, I have tickets for 6/7 last games (will be 7 as soon as Boro goes on sale). I still believe we can finish 4th. Whether we will, is another matter but I have full faith that if anyone can do it... MON CAN!! Pass on the support!

General,

I think in the never ending debate about the abilities of MON on this and many other forums we tend to forget the contribution of Randy Lerner. He has created the framework that MON can operate within and I think its an insult to him for posters to vilify MON because by extension they are criticising him. Mr Lerner is a successful and astute business man who I have no doubt would take whatever corrective action at the club if that proved necessary.

Personally I think MON has made some mistakes, certainly tactically in games and from my perspective in the transfer market too. I'd like to ask for you thoughts at this point but I think thats probably not a fair question!

Overall I think MON has done an excellent job and is the right manager for the club and I just hope he ignores the rantings of the anti-MON brigade but at the same time perhaps dwells on some of the more constructive comments made by fans.

General

Just to say that I am extremely dissapointed that the Hull City game has been moved but I've no doubt that this was out of the control of the Club. It's my Fathers 60th birthday that weekend and my Grandfathers 80th a week later so a day out on the 2nd May worked perfectly but now it has been moved to the Monday night we won't be able to attend. Great shame.

Jon

Guest Ricardomeister

General, I would like to echo Tubby's post. Can you please pass on my very sincerest thanks (and several others that I know of who will not now be able to attend) to Sky for dumping on the fans again. Holding a game at 8pm on a bank holiday is a total joke as many people who rely on public transport and people who have a long way to travel (I feel extra sorry for the poor Hull fans) simply will not now be able to attend. If they had even held the game at 5.15pm for example then plenty more people would have been able to attend but I guess the fans' wishes come a very distant second to making money.

General Krulak here:

1..Tubby and Ricardomeister and others: I have heard many concerns on all sites re. the move of the game. Obviously this is a contractual issue with Sky. I have stated that I will look into what the "timing" is supposed to be for such decisions and will get back to all sites and provide that information. Hopefully the Villa Fans know that they are near and dear to the Club and this change is not something organized by the Club.

2. Harry: Thank you for your comments re. Randy...he obviously love the Villa and believes in MON.

Hi General,

Hopefully a pretty straightforward question. There has been a lot of talk in the media over this weekend about Villa cutting the wage bill and not spending on players this summer. Whilst I appreciate the hack nature of many journalists in that they will simply make up a story what is the official club position?

My personal view is that at one extreme you can be like Manchester City and lose touch with reality and at the other extreme you hope it will be OK if you spend nothing but I see Villa in the middle in that we have and will have a good squad made up of both home grown talent and quality signings but the money is there if needed to sign that special player or players. Thoughts please!

General

You may or may not be able to answer my question directly, and some may say that it is transfer related - I on the other hand would argue differently. Today's News of the World suggests that Randy will be tightening the purse strings at Villa this summer due to commitments to the Browns. It goes on to suggest that the squad will be trimmed etc, now my questions isn't with regars to individual players or our summer transfer plans so please read on!! How does the financial situation or requirements of either the Browns or Villa affect the other one or is each team owned by a seperate company that determines what is spent on what?

Regards

Dave

Hi General,

I'm sorry, but enough is enough.

Big game for us today, I stayed up through out the night here to be able to follow the game. But all i got from Villa's official commentary was a few telephone beeps!

I've stuck with this service for the last 2 seasons because of your good selves and the promises of change (and your good record of change). But this dated service continues to disappoint..

I usually use it as a last resort because the standard of commentary often leaves me with little idea of what is occuring on the pitch and verges on the shite! I needed that last resort today and to get nothing for a game of this magnitude in our season (battle for 5th) is a slap in the face for fans who arent able to get to games.

I have better to do with my $80 and will not look at the service again until big improvements are made. I hope the club considers its foreign fans and their desire to follow their team and 'enjoy' the match.

P.S.

Good comeback from the lads today after a very poor start. They did well not to let their heads drop! But though we're just one place off a champs lge place, the gulf is vey wide before we're ready..

General Krulak here:

1. Randy and MON have a very good relationship...more than just professional, it is personal as well. They speak very often, see each other very often and get along well. There is a great deal of mutual trust.

2. Dave1380: Obviously I cannot comment on an article such as found in the "News of the World" other than to say that if you were living in Cleveland, the headline would probably be quite a bit different...discussing Villa vice the Browns. Simply put, Randy owns two sports franchises and my sense is that there will always be media in each location pointing a finger at the other location and saying they are getting the money. I think that both the Browns and the Villa have benifitted by Randy's business acumen and his understanding of sports...and the proof is in his willingness to make sacrifices for both Clubs. Right now, the Browns are just beginning to get ready for the draft and our Club is getting ready for 6 critical games. I think that as far as Villa is concerned, BOTH MON and Randy are focused on the 6 games. Suppose we win all 6....everyone will be singing a different tune. I am focused on those games!!

3. Yesterday's game: As a Fan, I could spend several paragraphs talking about the game but...at the end of the day, our lads played their guts out!

4. mark8691: I have forwarded your e-mail straight to the person who needs to see it. I do know, for a fact, that we are going to fix this issue if it is the last thing we do!!