Did anybody really think 'significant' funds were available?

ahamaad

Did you believe 'significant' funds were being made available?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Did you believe 'significant' funds were being made available?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't believe a word HDE says but was prepared to this time

I think the we could easily spend £10m between now and the end of the transfer window

In Villa terms that is certainly a significant spend, it would be the most we have ever spent in a summer I believe.

It is furthermore pretty much what i thought we'd spend this summer.

Pete(s) but how long has the transfer window been in existence. To say that the most we have ever spent in a summer while factually may be true, doesnt really give a true picture of current compared to previous spend

I think the we could easily spend £10m between now and the end of the transfer window

In Villa terms that is certainly a significant spend, it would be the most we have ever spent in a summer I believe.

It is furthermore pretty much what i thought we'd spend this summer.

and if we do spend that £10m or so will people be happy??

I will be, as long as we bring in decent players.

wow... no surprise to see certain members having certain (and argumentative) opinions...

some things never change...

personally, bringing in, and i quote, "four top quality" players or using "significant" or "substantial" funds, has not happened...

dol has already said about phillips and berger that he wanted them years ago and they are at the wrong end of their careers, or something along those lines, so i think we can discount those as the "top quality" players he was looking at, so this hasnt happened...

our net spend and equally the individual prices for the players we have brought in, is not "significant" or "substantial", so they can be discounted for those too...

so as things stand, we have not spent "significant" or "substantial" funds nor have we brought in "four top quality" players...

even if we bring in baros for 6 mil and a defender for 2 mil, (which is the reported unsubstantiated fees flying around), thats still only 8 million spent net...

a meagre sum in total for a premier league football club, bearing in mind our boards expectations and the amount of players we have let go within the past few years... thats IF it actually happens...

it would also not be the "four top quality" players we were promised...

IF it happens....

but we could also look at the promised beattie money..

we initially had 4 mil of that left, so if we assume that this actually existed and we have spent a grand total of £250k so far, then we are currently have just under 4 mil of that left...

so even if 8 mil is spent, half of that would be last years 'alleged' beattie money, so our summer spend THIS year would only be 4 million...

about our normal net spend....

and this is 'IF' we pick up baros and a 2 million pound defender...

and if we do spend that £10m or so will people be happy??

I will be, as long as we bring in decent players.

Agree but it won't happen IMHO. Signing Baros would be a start but it won't cover up all the cracks.

Some REAL quality in the midfield is needed and we should be shipping out the mediocrity such as Hendrie who fail to perform season after season

wow... no surprise to see certain members having certain (and argumentative) opinions......

Why did you say 'wow' if you weren't surprised??

some things never change.........

Now who's being argumentative??

As for the rest, well it's quite clear you won't be happy even if we do spend up to £10m on two or three players.

As you said earlier, some things never change........

right on queue....

whats clear from the rest of my post is, we havent spent "significant" or "substantial" funds nor have we brought in "4 top quality" signings...

even if we make an 8 million pound outlay, then 4 mil of that will be from last summers beattie money...

so 4 mil THIS SUMMER isnt that substantial is it avfc1982?!?

that is unless you dont think the beattie money ever existed in the first place....

right on queue....

whats clear from the rest of my post is, we havent spent "significant" or "substantial" funds nor have we brought in "4 top quality" signings...

even if we make an 8 million pound outlay, then 4 mil of that will be from last summers beattie money...

so 4 mil THIS SUMMER isnt that substantial is it avfc1982?!?

that is unless you dont think the beattie money ever existed in the first place....

You're infatuated with money. Have you forgot you're a football fan or something??

:roll:

back on topic..................

personally, bringing in, and i quote, "four top quality" players or using "significant" or "substantial" funds, has not happened...

dol has already said about phillips and berger that he wanted them years ago and they are at the wrong end of their careers, or something along those lines, so i think we can discount those as the "top quality" players he was looking at, so this hasnt happened...

our net spend and equally the individual prices for the players we have brought in, is not "significant" or "substantial", so they can be discounted for those too...

so as things stand, we have not spent "significant" or "substantial" funds nor have we brought in "four top quality" players...

even if we bring in baros for 6 mil and a defender for 2 mil, (which is the reported unsubstantiated fees flying around), thats still only 8 million spent net...

a meagre sum in total for a premier league football club, bearing in mind our boards expectations and the amount of players we have let go within the past few years... thats IF it actually happens...

it would also not be the "four top quality" players we were promised...

IF it happens....

but we could also look at the promised beattie money..

we initially had 4 mil of that left, so if we assume that this actually existed and we have spent a grand total of £250k so far, then we are currently have just under 4 mil of that left...

so even if 8 mil is spent, half of that would be last years 'alleged' beattie money, so our summer spend THIS year would only be 4 million...

about our normal net spend....

and this is 'IF' we pick up baros and a 2 million pound defender...

Â