Big and Bigger

blandy

Sting has definite views on who MON should bring in, but so does every other Villa fan

It's a bit off topic, but anyway, I don't believe this for a moment. I for one have no definite views in this respect, and never really have done. There are a whole bunch of players who I think "he's good" - but not in a "we must immediately go out and sign him" type of way.

There's a whole other bunch of whom I think "don't like (something about) him" - whether it be character, ability, attitude, whatever. Of this bunch, I guess I'd be initially peturbed if we signed any of them, but would genuinely hope they did well for us, even if I might nurse a feeling that they are not the sort I'd want at Villa. Bellamy, Lee Bowyer -that type in particular I'd object to.

But other than a small list of "undesireables" I don't really have any views on who we should try and sign. To be honest while I might be in a minority, especially on a messageboard, on that, I think there are plenty more with similar outlooks to myself - "just let the manager do all that stuff, and we'll see what happens". It annoys me slightly that on here the transfr window, as Pete says in the OP, becomes a frenzy of people posting "we must go for [player X]" followed by "why aren't we after him?" and then "FFS we should have bought him, MO'N doesn't know what he's doing" - my answer to all that is "No, mate, you don't know, which is why you're not a Premier League manager and you're clogging up the internet with ill-formed, ill-judged, drivel about something you know cock-all about". Obviously I don't actually write this in response to anyone, as it'd be against the rules, but I do think it. And yes I am aware that many other people greatly enjoy all the transfer talk and speculation ad opinion. But for me, I can't stand it.

Sting has definite views on who MON should bring in, but so does every other Villa fan

It's a bit off topic, but anyway, I don't believe this for a moment. I for one have no definite views in this respect, and never really have done. There are a whole bunch of players who I think "he's good" - but not in a "we must immediately go out and sign him" type of way.

There's a whole other bunch of whom I think "don't like (something about) him" - whether it be character, ability, attitude, whatever. Of this bunch, I guess I'd be initially peturbed if we signed any of them, but would genuinely hope they did well for us, even if I might nurse a feeling that they are not the sort I'd want at Villa. Bellamy, Lee Bowyer -that type in particular I'd object to.

But other than a small list of "undesireables" I don't really have any views on who we should try and sign. To be honest while I might be in a minority, especially on a messageboard, on that, I think there are plenty more with similar outlooks to myself - "just let the manager do all that stuff, and we'll see what happens". It annoys me slightly that on here the transfr window, as Pete says in the OP, becomes a frenzy of people posting "we must go for [player X]" followed by "why aren't we after him?" and then "FFS we should have bought him, MO'N doesn't know what he's doing" - my answer to all that is "No, mate, you don't know, which is why you're not a Premier League manager and you're clogging up the internet with ill-formed, ill-judged, drivel about something you know cock-all about". Obviously I don't actually write this in response to anyone, as it'd be against the rules, but I do think it. And yes I am aware that many other people greatly enjoy all the transfer talk and speculation ad opinion. But for me, I can't stand it.

agree with every word of that Pete. Spot on.

But why oh why have we not signed heskey yet? We're almost a week into the window, are short on striking ammunition up front, and there is a player that is seemingly available that I know would definitely improve us.

I don't understand it. I don't think MON knows what he's doing TBH. :mrgreen:

... I wonder how much of our recent success is down to having a small, tight-knit squad lacking superstars? ...

There - in a nutshell - may lie the total truth of the matter.

In fact, it's the kind of formula that Villa employed oh those so many years ago (is it a 100 or so?), with great success. In those days, most of the stars came in young, got trained in the Villa ways, and bonded as a team. Sounds a bit like today, really!!!

Â