94 members have voted

1. 1. How are your personal finances?

• Major debt - close to bankrupt
    • Substantial debt - slowly drowning
    • Small debt - living day to day
    • No debt, no savings - just about coping
    • Some savings, enough income - comfortable-ish
    • Decent savings & income - pretty comfortable
    • Substantial savings & investments - what credit crunch?

Comefortable ish I think...no main worries although I am holding back on the pennies a little and not spending money on anything but Villa nowadays. Apart from food obviously. But my wage has been cut and my hours have been halved so I'm **** if I lose my job

I am a self--employed stone mason and have around 5K of savings in one account and about 1K in my current account.I live with my mrs and 2 kids and have a relatively small mortgage £400 / month.So at the moment i am pretty comfortable but i am in no doubt that tough times are ahead.

F*cked! Currently looking for a 2nd job :(

^^ Not far off that, I'm due a BIG payrise soon, but with the company being taken over it's just as likely I could lose my job all together.

Oh, and I'm paying rent on a place I don't even live in due to a relationship break-up.

So not great to be fair.

No debts, some savings, I rent so no big mortgage and currently have job security. But as we've seen things can change rather quickly. But currently I'm not worried about losing my job. My friends and family are in good shape too, no jobs losses yet but this will be another bad year.

the same as last Jan, some savings, costs within wages, paid off some credit cards and more to come when my accident money comes through at some point in Jan

more important, Claire is in the safest of jobs and mine is reasonably OK

Â