Simpsons/Family guy

cj_iow

Quite simply, Family guy or The simpsons  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Quite simply, Family guy or The simpsons

• Simpsons
    • Family Guy

The Simpsons would have got my vote five or so years ago, but Family Guy easily gets it now. The Simpsons was great until the late 90s, it has gone fairly downhill though, which is a shame, although it is (quite possibly) the greatest animated show ever.

I just have much more interest in Family Guy though, it's cruder, more edgier, and it was great to see McFarlane's show return after Fox inexplicably cancelled it a few years back. Season 4 of Family Guy has been pretty good, but it's yet to reach the status of the third season which, IMO, was just gold.

Oh, and Family Guy already has a movie, something which Groening and co. have yet to do for The Simpsons :winkold:

Simpsons.

Just for what its done. At its peak, it really was the most ground breaking cartoon ever.

If it wasnt for The Simpsons pushing animated comedy into prime time slots aimed at adults, its quite likely that the likes of Family Guy would never have existed.

I love 'em both.

But if I had to choose, it would be The Simpsons -- because of the number of brilliant episodes that they've churned out; the classic episodes are nothing short of exceptionally funny (even after watching them 10-20 times); and for the reasons stipulated above by my learned brother The_Rev

Strangely enough I was discussing the merits of The Simpsons with the missus tonight. I was saying that there aren't many better programs on TV due mainly to the fact that The Simpsons is so consistently funny. I have seen most episodes and have very rarely been let down by any of them. My favourite btw is the 'Robot Wars' episode, absolute genius.

So no surprise where my vote went.

just checking? all the people that have voted have you seen both programes?

I like both, but The Simpsons is imo a cut above most programs on tv, not just animated either.

Ive even watched the Simpsons in Germany where they dub it (Badly) into German. Only speaking a tiny bit of German made no difference as you just knew some of the jokes and they make you smile.

simpsons easily and both are way above king of the hill, saying that Motor Mouse is better than king of the hill

Yes, if you like, boring, mainstream, run of the mill animation! Simpsons and Family Guy are good, but King of the Hill is classic :winkold:

I was a hardcore Simpsons fan for years but Groening and/or Fox should've axed it about ten years ago. Family Guy is absolutely class and gets my vote a thousand times over (or at least it would if I could be bothered to vote that many times).

simpsons easily and both are way above king of the hill, saying that Motor Mouse is better than king of the hill

Yes, if you like, boring, mainstream, run of the mill animation! Simpsons and Family Guy are good, but King of the Hill is classic :winkold:

If you say so :bang::bang::bang::bang:

Â