If Laursen is injured (if) then who should captain the side?

TrentVilla

Captain?  

249 members have voted

1. 1. Captain?

• Friedel
    • Luke Young
    • Davies
    • Reo-Coker
    • Barry
    • Petrov
    • Sidwell
    • Agbonlahor

As if the majority have voted Gareth Barry.

How people forget.

This lad thinks he's better than us. He's still trying to call the shots - if Villa don't get Champs League I'm off.

Yeah, cheers Gareth.

Well if we really must criticise one another's opinions, allow me. Don't let us stop you being unhappy, angry or whatever.

How people forget.

This lad thinks he's better than us. He's still trying to call the shots - if Villa don't get Champs League I'm off.

Yeah, cheers Gareth.

Well if we really must criticise one another's opinions, allow me. Don't let us stop you being unhappy, angry or whatever.

Errrm, okay. Strange boy.

Is he fit though?

Don't know mate, would feel a bit metrosexual giving the affirmative (yet truthful) answer to that question... back on topic I think whoever is chosen will do a fantastic job such is the team spirit and camaraderie at the club

Think of the way Keane used to inspire his Man Utd side, of the way Viera would fight for the team and inspire those around him to fight

do you not think those players would have done that with or without the armband, Trent?

I think that was the point Rev was making.

The armband is, in some ways, irrelevant.

you need leaders out there on the pitch, with or without the armband, and IMO we have that in abundance.

Coker will still be playing and leading in the coker way, with or without the armband. Ditto laursen. Ditto etc .....

How people forget.

Yeah, cheers Gareth.

Errrm, okay. Strange boy.

:lol:

i think sled might have got on the sherry a bit early this festive season Jas. I also believe him to be more advanced in years than "boy", and have something of a flatulence issue .....

Thought NRC would lead us out today... so was fairly shocked to see Barry with the armband however he lead us from midfield today and scored a vital penalty!

I must say well done MON. He could have done a Wenger and be all arsey and childish about what happened in the summer... but MON knew that todays game was more important that what happened a few months ago.

I havent noticed any negative posts about it (i.e. "fook Barry, he shouldnt wear the armband... blar blar blar" ) which is good!

Good decision by MON

Thought NRC would lead us out today... so was fairly shocked to see Barry with the armband however he lead us from midfield today and scored a vital penalty!

I must say well done MON. He could have done a Wenger and be all arsey and childish about what happened in the summer... but MON knew that todays game was more important that what happened a few months ago.

I havent noticed any negative posts about it (i.e. "fook Barry, he shouldnt wear the armband... blar blar blar" ) which is good!

Good decision by MON

good post i agree 100%

Â