Rick Astley could be number one!

kidlewis

What would you want to be Christmas number 1?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. What would you want to be Christmas number 1?

• X Factor Single
    • Rick Astley
    • Other

Some of you may have seen the ULTIMATE RICK ROLL on Facebook.

Basically to stop X Factor getting christmas number one again, thousands of people are buying Astley's - Never Gonna Give You Up single on itunes.

If you want to participate please do. Would be awesome to have it number one. :arrow:

Aled Jones and Terry Wogan - Little Drummer Boy.

It deserves it. And it's a charity single. So if people want to stop X Factor getting to number one why not buy this.. not only does it have more of a chance of actually stopping X Factor, but all the money goes to Children In Need.

*post may contain bigotted and snobbish views of pop culture and music*

I used to think this country had a sense of humour. Oh, and taste. Instead, we get some people thinking it's funny to get Rick Astley to number 1 (it isn't, by the way, and the Rickroll never has been), and some others wanting a warbler who's had months of easy easy publicity as the culty spreads.

And then there's last years one, slaughtering Run by Snow Patrol. Not like it's any great piece of art as a song, but deary me that version will kill the original stone dead as the baying mob of idiots lap it up.

Jeff Buckley should be number one, but doubt anyone will buy it becuase as much as he deserved it, he isn't that well known in comparison with X Factor winners.

Rick Roll is funny to whoever finds it humerous.

AND if we are being honest, the genuine "great tracks" to "Christmas number" ones is pretty low. But again, that is down to personal opinion.

I think Leone Lewis is genuinely very talented, but her version of Run makes me want to strangle her.

As for xmas number one, I voted Astley for comedy value but I don' really give a shit. It doesn't mean anything anymore, especially now that XFactor dominate it every year.

I've just viewed the official top 40, and cannot believe how many Christmas classics are in there. Why do these keep making an apeparance year after year ? surely once you have downloaded it, there is no need to do it again.

Personally, I wouldn't want Rick to be Xmas number 1 - That honour belongs to Sir Cliff

I don't get the whole appeal of Jeff Buckley. I don't think he was particularly talented at all. Very very overrated IMO.

His voice was amazing and to me a talented musician as well, just like his father. His music isn't to everyones taste. But to say he wasn't 'talented at all' is uttely ridiulous. I suppose Lewis Hamilton is "alright" and Chris Hoy is "pretty good"

Does anyone give a rats ass anymore?

I dont listen to Radio 1/BRMB/Heart FM so I dont even know what X Factor sounds like (nor do I want to know)

Christmas songs should be banned - in fact Christmas should be banned.

Bahfuckinghumbug

Does anyone give a rats ass anymore?

I dont listen to Radio 1/BRMB/Heart FM so I dont even know what X Factor sounds like (nor do I want to know)

Christmas songs should be banned - in fact Christmas should be banned.

Bahfuckinghumbug

Only if we could ban all religon....I'd happily give up Christmas for that!

Â