Running

trimandson

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

Contrary to last post, just went for a run and hated it. Real build up of food and booze over World Cup and Christmas, lack of training for a few weeks, and bad weather, turned it into a nasty slog. Hoping the next one will be a bit easier. 

I’m just happy to get out around this time of year.

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Friend and neighbour of mine. She's amazing. 

Oh wow. I watched that yesterday, she's incredible.

I hope my joints hold up and I'm still running in 20-30 years time, let alone running hundreds of marathons in my 80s.

• 2 months later...

Really terrible. Been running very little over the past few months, and when I do run I just feel awful. I’ve stayed in shape in the gym, but my running needs a lot of work to get back to where I was I year ago. 

• Like 2

I never really have anything to say. It’s always the same. 

I’m running 2-3 times a week, normally 5 to 8 miles (8–12km), occasional 10 mile run. 

Had to ease off a bit recently as my knee has been aching, most likely over done it.

Added to the above I don’t have any races planned. Never felt the need to officially run a half marathon or whatever, don’t feel the need to significantly improve my pace. Not interested in joining a running group, they seem fine but I just don’t think it’s for me. I’m headphones in, on my own, running down the lanes, hoping that the bit of road where it floods isn’t so bad today (otherwise I have to do a terrible Jonathan Edwards imitation).

There’s not a competitive side to my running as such. Just a general physical/mental maintenance. So any update from me would be fairly dry. Unlike my trainers after having failed to clear the submerged part of the road.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, CVByrne said:

I ran my second marathon in Paris last month. I had a cold going into it which wasn't ideal and took a toll when I was struggling badly at the end. I still improved my time from 3h33m to 3h18m which was good.

I've taken a few weeks off but now getting back into the shorter distances. Doing 5k runs again. Will look to try get a PB on the 5k and 10k this summer 

Well done mate. 3h 18m is a great going. What are your current PB's for 5k and 10k?

15 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

This thread has been so dry the last 12 months :(

How’s everyone’s running going? Did anyone do the Great Birmingham Run on Sunday? What races you got planned for the year?

I did it. 5th time now, probably my last (I've enough of the t-shirts!).

Not entered anything else for this year. I did a 50km ultra last year and I told myself 'NO MORE RACES'! 😆

• Like 3

1 hour ago, stuart_75 said:

I did it. 5th time now, probably my last (I've enough of the t-shirts!).

Not entered anything else for this year. I did a 50km ultra last year and I told myself 'NO MORE RACES'! 😆

I've told myself that a lot. Then I sign up for something ridiculous the next day. Doing Lantau by Utmb in November, 140km. Made my first visit to Lantau today, those hills are insane, it's going to be another 'never again', until the next one. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

Well done mate. 3h 18m is a great going. What are your current PB's for 5k and 10k?

Cheers, the final 8-10k was a real mental battle. 

5k PB is 19:04 and 10k is 40:52

• Like 3

Worst time of the year for me as well, in terms of running. Spring in full bloom and pollen everywhere. Can hardly breathe and it feels like I’m boiling. 

5th race of the year today. 15km trail race on Hong Kong Island. Very wet but good fun on the trails. 23rd out of 300+ runners but I'm realising that at 40 years old I can't push like I could just a couple of years ago. 

• Like 1

Â