Running

trimandson

14 hours ago, a m ole said:

Pants never have more than a day in them :wacko: Once they’re off, they don’t come back on.

back to front, inside out and upside down if you're weird... almost a full week.

On 3/21/2018 at 23:53, Paddywhack said:

A very important running question:

You get home after work and go straight out for a run. You get back home again and have a shower. There's about 3 hours left before bedtime. For the rest of the evening do you...

a ) Put the pants you've been wearing all day back on, they've still got a few more days left in them

b ) Put on a fresh pair of pants on, you live a life of luxury

c ) Go commando, like a carefree hippy

New pair of pants after the shower, but wear them through to the next day's run. :blush:

• Like 1

So lucky with weather. Been glorious for the Cardiff bay 10k today. Lack of prep = no PB but still happy, a PB for this course at least. 58 min or so so plenty of space for bringing that down if I can get some pace training in. My only goal was sub 60 so good day really.

Edited by Rodders
  • Like 2

Has anyone else been through a point where it feels like running stops being a hobby and starts to be an addiction? I feel like I'm becoming pretty obsessed at the moment. I'm not sure it that's a good thing that will help me run better, or whether it's unhealthy to plan your entire life around a training plan.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Danwichmann said:

Has anyone else been through a point where it feels like running stops being a hobby and starts to be an addiction? I feel like I'm becoming pretty obsessed at the moment. I'm not sure it that's a good thing that will help me run better, or whether it's unhealthy to plan your entire life around a training plan.

I've definitely got the running bug at the moment, but I only see that as a positive thing.

I went for 5 runs last week, probably would have been 6 if it wasn't for the snow on Monday. That's probably too often, but most of them have been short, slow jogs.

• Like 1

Well been a bit concerned about form recently with 3 weeks (today) until Boston but managed to podium on a 16 mile XC race yesterday without putting in proper effort until 10K in so pretty pleased.

Now to try and stay injury free over my last few training sessions.

20 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

I've definitely got the running bug at the moment, but I only see that as a positive thing.

I went for 5 runs last week, probably would have been 6 if it wasn't for the snow on Monday. That's probably too often, but most of them have been short, slow jogs.

Yeah I guess it's all good. I've been going up 6 times a week until recently, trying to cut it down to 5 runs a week but increase the length of my weekend runs, as well as moving them from the roads to the mountain trails.

Done a lot of snow running this winter, it's a hard slog.

• Like 2

Consultant seen ....good news ACL intact ...just fluid on the knee so an ultrasound injection into the area to calm things down ........Hope this sorts things out but im not holding out any hopes for it ...so going to head down that yoga route get more flexible and see hot women .......:ph34r:

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Meath_Villan said:

so ...the yoga is booked ....haven't a clue about it ....anyone ever take it up ...maybe that had an injury ? did it help ?

Plenty farts for the whole group to hear once you're bent over, no chance of holding them in either.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

I’m running my first marathon this weekend. I’ve have a charity place for London Marathon. 

Excited and nervous, and full of pasta!!

It's going to be hot. Take on plenty of liquids. Good luck. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, villakram said:

Currently on day 17 without any running due to some crap with my hip :(

That sucks.

I was reading a couple of days ago that although the initial decline in running fitness is pretty fast, it slows pretty quickly, so since you've been out a couple of weeks already, the further time out now won't set you back loads further. May be some consolation.

Anyone use compression socks / tights? I've noticed a lot of people talking about / using them recently and wondering if it's worth it.

• Like 1

I've been unsure whether or not to sign up for Birmingham Marathon again, having made a mess of it last year.

I had no idea it had been cancelled but I was relieved when I found the other day, so I think that was my answer!

I might enter the ballot for the London Marathon when it opens in a few days and in the meantime stick to Half Marathons and 10ks.

13 hours ago, villan-scott said:

I’m running my first marathon this weekend. I’ve have a charity place for London Marathon. 

Excited and nervous, and full of pasta!!

Electrolytes!!! After multiple hot weather death marches in my short racing career I cant recommend enough that you have an electrolyte drink (nuun/zero), gel or even better salt tablets.

I'm still thawing out from my marathon on Monday in Boston, never been so cold in my life - going for the vest/2" short combo probably didn't help much!!

• Like 4

5 hours ago, andyjsg said:

Electrolytes!!! After multiple hot weather death marches in my short racing career I cant recommend enough that you have an electrolyte drink (nuun/zero), gel or even better salt tablets.

I'm still thawing out from my marathon on Monday in Boston, never been so cold in my life - going for the vest/2" short combo probably didn't help much!!

You did an awesome job! I'm sure it sucked, but that's definitely going to one of those memorable, remember '18 type races, especially with the legends who won it.

Â