Running

trimandson

2 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

Not bad at all, I've been running regularly for 4 years and that's quicker than me.

Imagine where you could be in a years time.

If you are looking for legal buzz there isn't much better than the glow after finishing a long distance run.

I'm hoping I catch the running bug tbf. 

30 minutes ago, stuart_75 said:

Had plantar fasciitis for 18 months now, tried everything without any success.

Last hope seems to be shockwave theorpy, but expensive and not many places offer it. Anyone here had it?

I've had PF, but not shockwave therapy. 18 months off running, like you, but then it finally faded away of its own accord. 

I did have a steroid injection at one point, but that just eased the pain for a few days, no permanent effect. 

On 01/02/2018 at 18:01, stuart_75 said:

Had plantar fasciitis for 18 months now, tried everything without any success.

Last hope seems to be shockwave theorpy, but expensive and not many places offer it. Anyone here had it?

Yep, on and off about 5yrs ago.

i keep on switching footwear regularly which has kept it at bay.

i used to sit and roll a golf ball under my foot to stretch it out - that worked but still took a few days to stop hurting. 

after a few runs of easing myself in this year, where I've needed to stop for 2 minutes or so after 25 min or so before adding another 10 min jog, I pleasantly surprised myself this morning and made it 55 minutes unbroken today, at a modest pace, only 9.4km done, but considering my legs were a bit achy after 20 minutes I'm satisfied with that. This year I'm just doing 10k races, no half marathons so my focus will be on starting to do some speed training (last year was all about stamina and survival for the 1/2M!)  so hopefully should be able to bring that down a fair bit over the next few months.

• Like 3

On 26/01/2018 at 19:02, Rugeley Villa said:

7.51km , 34.38 .

Felt I needed to up it a bit tonight, so I ran the distance above again. This time though I paced myself, and ended up doing it in a faster time. No tight chest, no aching legs, no blowing out my arse, and just found it really easy if I'm being honest. It feels like I've come on a lot already. I think the key is, that I've got my breathing spot on. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Felt I needed to up it a bit tonight, so I ran the distance above again. This time though I paced myself, and ended up doing it in a faster time. No tight chest, no aching legs, no blowing out my arse, and just found it really easy if I'm being honest. It feels like I've come on a lot already. I think the key is, that I've got my breathing spot on. 

The breathing is very important,Not only when you are running but life in general aswell,can give you so much extra energy.

1 minute ago, Ikantcpell said:

The breathing is very important,Not only when you are running but life in general aswell,can give you so much extra energy.

That's it. I never once felt uncomfortable, and could of quite easily of done another couple of mile. Get the breathing right, and it's so much more easier. 

1 hour ago, stuart_75 said:

First session of shockwave therapy last week, so far so good. Found a decent place in Stourbridge that offers it, not too expensive either if anyone is interested.

1) What?

2) Is there a happy ending?

good to hear you're feeling better too.

On 2/14/2018 at 16:19, villakram said:

1) What?

2) Is there a happy ending?

good to hear you're feeling better too.

Its the latest quack science to help plantar fasciitis recovery. Everything else up to now hasn't worked. Just hope this cures it along with the calf stretching.

• Like 1

I ran last night and the pace was a little faster than I am used to but nothing too massive. We did 10 miles and I always feel at 7 miles I have lots left in the tank, but from mile 8 I felt so tired in my knees and by 10 I had zero left, nothing. Totally exhausted, but only in my knees, really tired knees. Any advice on how to deal with this? I have 3 and a half weeks until a half marathon but my knees are saying nope.

6 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Totally exhausted, but only in my knees, really tired knees. Any advice on how to deal with this? I have 3 and a half weeks until a half marathon but my knees are saying nope.

Take up cycling :)

7 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I ran last night and the pace was a little faster than I am used to but nothing too massive. We did 10 miles and I always feel at 7 miles I have lots left in the tank, but from mile 8 I felt so tired in my knees and by 10 I had zero left, nothing. Totally exhausted, but only in my knees, really tired knees. Any advice on how to deal with this? I have 3 and a half weeks until a half marathon but my knees are saying nope.

I'm not sure what you mean by tired knees? Do you mean the quad/hamstring muscles or your calf or all of the above. If the pace was similar to usual and you felt drained way too quickly, it's likely that you've either had a lot going on very lately (crappy sleep, long work days etc.) or perhaps a cold virus. Even a mild cold can do all sorts to your energy levels even if you feel pretty much fine.

Â