Running

trimandson

26 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

You couldn't. But starting running again would do you the word of good, physically and mentally. Train sensibly - joining your local running club would be a great idea. You'd make a bunch of new mates who aren't cokeheads, too. 

I can see me hitting the concrete soon. I've got a new pair of running shoes in the wardrobe, so I'm ready to go. 3 weeks today and feeling great :)

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, darrenm said:

Great! Tougher than it seems but a lovely setting. Going over the M5 is ace. Definitely worth a visit.

This is weird, I walk in Sandwell Valley every day and yesterday I thought, someone should organise a parkrun here. I bet them bridges over the motorway take it out of the legs.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, darrenm said:

Great! Tougher than it seems but a lovely setting. Going over the M5 is ace. Definitely worth a visit.

I thought you were going to ask how I knew you did it haha. My mate did it so I wanted to check his time and saw you finished a few places in front of him.

I think I'll be trying it out on Saturday. I'm sad that Wythall parkrun has been cancelled, I liked it there. Dudley's closed for 7 weeks now as well.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Seat68 said:

This is weird, I walk in Sandwell Valley every day and yesterday I thought, someone should organise a parkrun here. I bet them bridges over the motorway take it out of the legs.

They sure do! Then you turn right over the bridge and carry on up hill. If you overcook it before then you'll suffer.

7 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

I thought you were going to ask how I knew you did it haha. My mate did it so I wanted to check his time and saw you finished a few places in front of him.

I think I'll be trying it out on Saturday. I'm sad that Wythall parkrun has been cancelled, I liked it there. Dudley's closed for 7 weeks now as well.

I just assumed we followed each other on Strava :-) I follow loads of people I've forgotten how I know them.

But.. how.. do you know my name?! My secret identity is busted!

That was a very poor time as I was worse for wear after a heavy night. Don't judge me.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was babysitting my nephew last night, so I woke him up at 8am so we could get to Bromsgrove Junior parkrun for 9am. I’d seen @darrenm on the volunteer roster, I thought this could finally be my chance to meet him and give him a kiss and a cuddle.

Turns out it starts at 10am so we had to wait around in McDonald’s for an hour (my bad). We got to the start line and I didn’t recognise any of the volunteers, not one of them looked like the photos of Darren I have. 

So I don’t believe he was actually there, I think it was a lie and he’s leading some kind of double life. 

You’ve really upset one little boy this morning, Darren. My nephew was disappointed as well.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I was babysitting my nephew last night, so I woke him up at 8am so we could get to Bromsgrove Junior parkrun for 9am. I’d seen @darrenm on the volunteer roster, I thought this could finally be my chance to meet him and give him a kiss and a cuddle.

Turns out it starts at 10am so we had to wait around in McDonald’s for an hour (my bad). We got to the start line and I didn’t recognise any of the volunteers, not one of them looked like the photos of Darren I have. 

So I don’t believe he was actually there, I think it was a lie and he’s leading some kind of double life. 

You’ve really upset one little boy this morning, Darren. My nephew was disappointed as well.

Noooo! Really sorry, if I'd known I'd have been there. I had a late night and wimped out.

Did he enjoy it? Not loads there today as the parks got work going on and we had to cancel last week.

• Like 1

I'm on shift xmas day....12 hours of sitting at my desk, watching the big day unfold on social media...so I have decided to do walsall arboretum parkrun before i head off to work.....and I'm feeling quite stoked about it !

I'd do it even if i wasn't working that day cos just imagine how smug and entitled to second helpings you'd be :D

4 hours ago, darrenm said:

Noooo! Really sorry, if I'd known I'd have been there. I had a late night and wimped out.

Did he enjoy it? Not loads there today as the parks got work going on and we had to cancel last week.

Yeah he did. The little bugger deliberately jumped in a puddle halfway round though and drenched me.

I think we’ll definitely go there again, it didn’t take that long at all down the M5

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Don’t worry, I’ll DM them to you

Only the nude ones please. Anyway I don't think joking is a loud on this thread, so I better get out of here until I decide to get my running shoes on. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa

Â